Creative currently seeks to hire a Procurement Officer based in Berlin. The Procurement Officer’s role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the Procurement needs in alignment with the business objectives of the project and the organization. The Procurement officer provides procurement and logistics services, including but not limited to, procuring goods and services in accordance with Creative policies and standards; providing guidance, advice and support to ensure procurement processes are effective, efficient, and ethical and provide the best possible value to Creative. The position holder will provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities.
Reporting and Supervision:
This position reports to the Implementation Manager.
- Ensure that all commodities ordered meet the funder/client’s procurement and quality policy on product, availability, and other product’s quality consideration;
- Prepare purchase orders and purchase requisitions in order to order materials, goods and supplies, send them to the suppliers;
- Manage the procurement process, including sourcing, bidding, and contract management via remote management;
- Proactively identify issues with day-to-day ordering processes and resolve and/or communicate the issues to management in a timely manner, as needed;
- Lead the troubleshooting of vendor and/or order-related challenges and define and implement corrective action in case of irregularities;
- Ensure products are delivered in accordance with purchase order terms and conditions,
- Proactively identify procurement activities potentially impacting the project’s ability to perform its duties and advise the necessary stakeholders.
- Adhere to established procurement policies and standard operating procedures; and identify opportunities for continuous improvement;
- Perform procurement duties in a transparent and ethical manner;
- Prepare and monitor any procurement activities including RFP’s (Request For Proposals);
- Responsible for complying with applicable contract and sponsor requirements and following all Creative policies and procedures; and
- Perform other duties and functions as assigned.
- University level education or demonstrated equivalence in professional experience/ability;
- At least two (2) years’ experience in conducting procurement and/or supply chain under US Government Programs;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of best-practices for conducting procurement and managing inventory;
- Demonstrated supervisory and management experience;
- Demonstrated organizational capacity to handle a portfolio of high-priority procurements and grants;
- Excellent timekeeping skills and ability to independently manage deadline-oriented tasks;
- Arabic language skills preferred;
- Experience with cross-border and remote procurement/operations preferred; and
- Familiarity with Syria and the MENA region preferred.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.