Creative Associates seeks a Procurement Officer for an upcoming USAID-funded program in Afghanistan. The overall goal of the Afghanistan Competitiveness for Export-Oriented Businesses Activity is to support and enhance the market-driven growth of Afghan SMEs associated with export-oriented value chains and enterprise clusters in Afghanistan. This will be achieved through a direct technical and in-kind support of leading afghan exporters and relevant supply/value chain.
The Procurement Officer will be responsible for reviewing overall procurement processes, tracking procurements of goods and services through the procurement cycle, ensuring that adequate competition is achieved for procurements, and providing regular procurement mentoring to project staff to support project implementation.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Procurement Officer will report to the Operations Manager.
- Maintain comprehensive procurement files, including solicitations, proposals, evaluations, award documents, official contracts and correspondence on all procurements, following USAID and Creative policies and local law;
- Supervise and verify the procurement of materials according to the needs of the project;
- Ensure presentation of sufficient selection that meets requirements of quality assurance, delivery, and transparency;
- Process procurements according to respective rules and regulations;
- Compile and review budgets, solicited quotations, negotiations, and analysis to recommend vendors for delivery of goods and materials to grantees;
- Verify deliveries are complete and done in a timely manner;
- Ensure prompt update of the procurement files into the procurement database, IDMS;
- Check daily on project vehicles and ensure up-to-date vehicle maintenance files for each vehicle; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred;
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant work experience;
- Experience working on USAID or similar internationally-funded programs;
- Strong knowledge of donor procurement rules and regulations;
- Strong ability to use and develop management and tracking systems;
- Strong communication skills;
- Oral and written working proficiency in English; and
- Ability to work under pressure in challenging working and living conditions.
Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.