Purpose of Position
The Humanitarian and Stabilisation Operations Team (HSOT), contracted by Palladium International Ltd, provides the Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) with humanitarian operations services and the UK Government’s Stabilisation Unit (SU) with stabilisation operations support.
The primary purpose of this role is to contribute to the procurement and project management functions within the Procurement and Logistics (P&L) Team. The role will be responsible for supporting the P&L team to provide end to end project management of procurement and logistics tasks for both clients and will include procurement of goods and services for both annual budgets and response projects.
· Produce specifications, tender documents, evaluation criteria & reports, framework agreements, purchase orders for goods and services, payment authorisations forms and correspondence with suppliers as necessary for the management of HSOT procurement projects.
· Sourcing and market research of potential bidders and products relevant to the team including potential innovations to goods, services & processes. Review and assess suppliers in accordance with the HSOT Due Diligence guidelines and FCDO’s Supplier Code of Conduct.
· Organise inspection and freight services as relevant and manage the evaluation of inspections reports, goods received notices and other relevant documents.
· Develop good working relationships with commodity suppliers, to facilitate a good response in tenders and emergencies.
· Procurement and sales of medicines and warehousing and transport services for medicines in strict accordance with the EU Good Distribution Practice of medicinal products for human use (GDP) Guidelines, 2013 including:
o Passing training in the principles of GDP and SOPs relevant to your area of operation;
o Full adherence to Palladium’s Quality Management System (QMS) Manual for Brokerage and Wholesale Distribution of Pharmaceuticals and Palladium’s QMS for Wholesale Distribution of Medical Devices, particularly in relation to documentation control, deviations, change control and risk management;
o Undertake due diligence and pre-qualification of suppliers according to GDP and HSOT policies and guidelines;
o Raising orders with relevant Technical Agreements;
o Any other duties as required by Palladium’s Responsible Person (RP) and/or Deputy Responsible Person (DRP) and agreed by line management.
· Provide project coordination support within the P&L Team including:
o Project creation, budget design & management and using HSOT systems;
o Submit forecasting and accruals to HSOT Finance team; and
o Financial budget reporting as agreed with the client, both routine & ad hoc ;
· Deployment and demobilisation of surge and core team staff for P&L Team projects including contract issuance, liaison with FCDO offices, arranging travel & visas.
· Develop excellent working client relationship with FCDO and SU, instilling confidence regarding the team’s capacity, quality of advice and reporting
· Contribution to weekly procurement update meetings;
· Reporting against agreed procurement milestones to internal matrix management lines
· Monthly, quarterly and annual contractual reporting, including activity & VFM;
· Assisting information management during responses.
Minimum education and experience required
· Experience of supporting & coordinating aspects of procurement and supply chain processes is essential
· Experience of drafting and issuing purchase orders and processing invoices
· Experience in administration and expense management including excellent Microsoft Office skills
· Outstanding organisational skills in terms of planning, managing information, controlling timelines and meeting deadlines
· Demonstrable attention to detail and accuracy
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and proven experience of building excellent collaborative working relationships, both internal and external
· Proven ability to communicate complex procedures and situations to varied stakeholders/clients
- Proven ability to deal with a varied, demanding, often conflicting and rapidly changing workload
This role is based in London. Please apply if you have the right to work in the UK as Palladium does not sponsor work visas.
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.