The Partnership for Supply Chain Management (PFSCM) brings together multiple private sector and non-governmental organizations that are among the most trusted names in supply chain management and international public health and development in the world. PFSCM has been recognized internationally for its work to save lives through stronger public health supply chains; the partnership won two supply chain distinction awards from the European Supply Chain and Logistics Summit in 2010 and was a finalist in the 2012 Supply Chain Innovation Award Competition sponsored by the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) and SupplyChainBrain.
The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria is a major financing institution in the fight against these diseases in 140 countries. The Global Fund selected PFSCM to be its primary Procurement Agent for Global Fund principal recipients, under its Pooled Procurement Mechanism aimed at ensuring a cost-effective and efficient procurement process that meets all the Global Fund standards for a Procurement Agent. This service provides support to countries to resolve procurement bottlenecks and supply chain management challenges and to facilitate timely access to pharmaceuticals and other health products.
In addition, PFSCM implements other supply chain management projects with other client/donors including the Malaria Consortium and several developing country governments.
The Procurement Specialist is responsible to act as the sourcing and procurement expert and utilize vendor technical expertise for various pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical products. The Specialist is responsible for managing the smooth requisition procurement process of quality-assured, health-related commodities. The Specialist is expected to ensure compliance with funder and/or client requirements and is expected to define corrective actions in cases of irregularities.
The Procurement Specialist is responsible to manage the smooth implementation of daily procurement operations. The Procurement Specialist, working with the Client Account Management Unit, is the funders/clients and vendor’s main point of contact for procurement and related communications and is expected to provide customer service excellence to all stakeholders. The Specialist is expected to provide regular status updates on orders and address questions, concerns and/or change requests that the client or principal recipient may have in coordination with the Client Account Management Unit or project director, and other stakeholders as needed.
The Procurement Specialist is also responsible for maintaining data accuracy from the point of purchase to the point of goods readiness at the vendor; and for working with the Supply Chain Services Unit to ensure the supply chain is established and executed to PFSCM and the funder/client’s key performance indicators (KPIs). PFSCM procurement activities are carried out as per standard operating procedures (SOPs), either in-house SOPs and/or those determined by the funder or client.Procurement Administration:
Client Relationship Management:
- Ensure that all commodities ordered meet the funder/client’s procurement and quality policy on product, availability, and other product’s quality consideration.
- Manage the procurement process, as appropriate per project, including sourcing, bidding, and contract management.
- Act as a liaison with the Supply Chain Services Unit to ensure smooth progression of required changes to orders.
- Proactively identify issues with day-to-day ordering processes and resolve and/or communicate the issues to management in a timely manner, as needed.
- Lead the troubleshooting of vendor and/or order-related challenges and define and implement corrective action in case of irregularities.
- Coordinate team functions and performance as required.
- Provide excellent customer service while acting as primary point of contact for vendors.
- Work collaboratively with the vendors, funder/client, internal and external units, and partner organisations on procurement issues.
- Ensure products are delivered in accordance with purchase order terms and conditions, working collaboratively with Supply Chain Services Unit.
- Proactively identify procurement activities potentially impacting PFSCM’s and/or the project’s ability to perform its duties and advise the necessary stakeholders.
- Handle all procurement-related incidents; log incident into PFSCM Incident Management System, provide inputs for incident investigation and contribute to the resolution within incident set timelines.
- Maintain system-related changes required on price estimates, price quotes and/or purchase orders throughout the procurement process in coordination with funder/client and/or Supply Chain Specialists.
- Ensure order information is up-to-date in PFSCM’s IT systems; including purchase orders with the appropriate delay codes and milestones.
- Adhere to established procurement policies and standard operating procedures; and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Perform procurement duties in a transparent and ethical manner.
- Seek opportunities for improvements in the operational processes and daily activities.
- Contribute to the development of work-instructions and standard operating procedures.
- Document all relevant information concerning order fulfillment[/
- Bachelor’s Degree in procurement, public health, or other related area or equivalent experience.
- 3+years’ of sourcing and procurement experience required.
- Fluency in English is required, other languages (French, Spanish) a plus.
- Experience with ERP or other supply chain management system required.
- Experience in the international, public health and/or pharmaceuticals sector a plus.
- Previous experience working with international donor agencies, preferred.
- Experience working in a developing country a plus.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills with strong sense of customer service.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work in a team with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Solution oriented with a high sense of quality, attention to detail, accuracy, efficiency and meeting tight deadlines.
- Team player who is also able to work independently and handle conflicting priorities while maintaining consistent, quality performance standards.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within tight deadlines and prioritize effectively, while delivering high quality work.
- Ability to work comfortably with Microsoft Office software, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Preferably advanced user level of Excel.
- Willingness and availability to travel, and perform other duties as needed.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States of America or the Netherlands. This position can be based in either Arlington, VA or Woerden, NL.
JSI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
If you are an individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and unable to apply online for an available position, you may submit your request for reasonable accommodation by calling Human Resources at 617-482-9485.
Please read this notice entitled Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law, and this “EEO is the Law” Poster Supplement.