SUMMARY OF PROJECT
CowaterSogema is recruiting a procurement specialist for a future project in Laos. The purpose of this project is to strengthen the country’s public financial management through technical support to the Ministry of Finance (Department of Fiscal Policy and Law).
The specialist is expected to mobilize to Laos for a total of forty-eight (48) months.
- A bachelor’s degree (BAC +3) in procurement, business administration or another relevant field;
- Complementary training in relevant areas (such as Black Belt, lean, six sigma, etc.) will be considered an asset;
- At least ten (10) years of professional experience in procurement and contract management of public financial projects;
- Strong skills and knowledge of international standards in Public Finance will be essential;
- At least two (02) years in preparation of bidding documents and bid evaluation for public financial management projects;
- Experience in Laos or in a country in Southeast Asia will be considered as a determining asset.
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken).
- Experience with World Bank Procurement Guidelines.
- Expertise in supporting the implementation of a new IT system.
- Good understanding of public finance business processes.
About the Organization
With more than 30 years of experience, CowaterSogema is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development. We have managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe for clients such as DFID, DFAT Australia, the World Bank and Global Affairs Canada. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, economic and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017 and 2018.