Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
The Procurement Specialist will receive requisition orders from the headquarters and the country programs, he/she will be responsible for completing the sourcing event, including drafting and issuing Request For Quotations (RFQ) or Request For Proposals (RFP), confirming the product specifications for goods or the scope of work of the services and conduct the bids evaluation and draft the subcontract(s) for execution with the vendor(s). The Procurement Specialist will create the purchase orders or subcontracts and coordinate with suppliers, and the recipient to ensure proper shipment and delivery of the order(s).
Duties and responsibilities:
* Obtain country programs or requestor’s budget approval prior to proceed with procurement
* Draft Request For Quotations (RFQ) or Request For Proposals (RFP) and adjusting the requirements based on the nature of the procurement; and determine evaluation criteria weight.
* Ensure that all procurement is done efficiently according to CRS Policy, the CRS Procurement Manual and consistent with relevant donor requirements.
* Ensure that all actions are governed by the highest standards of ethics, personal and business conduct as stipulated in CRS Policy and the CRS Procurement Manual.
* Organize Bid Review Committees (BRC) if needed, and ensure they follow all BRC guidelines as stipulated in the CRS Procurement Manual.
* Ensure the BRC analyzes all bids in a competitive manner and carefully considering all costs and benefits including those not presented on bids explicitly.
* Prepare a bid review/price analysis for each financial transaction
* Obtain final approval from Procurement manager for issuing contract with vendor(s)
* Ensures the completeness and accuracy of contracts and purchase orders.
* Always negotiate with suppliers regarding price reductions, preferred payment and delivery terms, and shipping options when necessary.
* Provides proactive and courteous service communication both verbal and written to the internal customs (Country Programs and headquarters)
* Respond to inquiries in a timely and effective manner
Key Working Relationships:
* Internal: All Departments
* External: All CRS Country programs, suppliers, and public representatives
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Serves with Integrity
* Models Accountability and Stewardship
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Seeks Continuous Improvement and Innovation
* Applies a Strategic Mindset
* BS degree, 5 plus years in procurement field
* MRP/ERP experience a plus
* Excellent Negotiator
* Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PPT,Visio and Sharepoint), and experience conducting internet sourcing.
* Demonstrated ability to perform fast, efficient and cost-effective procurement service while maintaining the agency’s high standards.
* Good data analysis skills.
* Committed to always providing highest possible customer service.
* Good organizational skills.
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills and relationship builder.
* Fluency with Microsoft Office suite is essential; MS Project, SharePoint and Adobe InDesign familiarity a plus.
* Experience working internationally preferred
* Proficiency in English required; proficiency in Spanish, French or Arabic a plus
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
About the Organization
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS's Agriculture and Livelihoods team supports farming communities using our Pathway to Prosperity approach, which enables rural families to increase their productivity within sustainable landscapes, achieve a living income and build more resilient communities.