Procurement Specialist (Operations) - Career - Opportunities - AIIB
The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for implementing the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank’s (AIIB) operational procurement policies and procedures, ensuring that their application by recipients of Bank financing is consistent, efficient, fair and transparent and that procurement under an AIIB project is conducted on a fit-for-purpose and value-for-money basis. The specialist will also be responsible for providing technical guidance and expertise to both recipient and Bank staff to help facilitate successful project delivery.
- Conduct project procurement risk assessments and provide recommendations of risk mitigation measures on both policy and regulatory compliance and the recipient’s proposed project delivery strategy.
- Review recipient tender documentation, tender evaluation reports and contract management arrangements.
- Review complaints from tenderers/consultants arising from a recipient’s procurement process.
- Review and analyze the suitability of proposed procurement arrangements, including national/agency’s own system, for application by a recipient under an AIIB-financed project.
- Provide business opportunity outreach on AIIB-financed projects to both the international and local business community.
- Provide training on project procurement issues and advice on implementing the Bank’s procurement policy.
- Minimum 5-8 years relevant experience of procurement in infrastructure projects financed by multilateral development banks or equivalent organizations.
- Sound knowledge and experience of international best practice in infrastructure tendering and contracting strategies.
- Professional knowledge of public procurement systems and legislations and international/national procurement policies and procedures.
- Experience working with multilateral development bank(s) and/or other international/bilateral aid agencies on procurement policies and procedures.
- Experience with private sector operations PPPs, concessions and similar arrangements.
- Strong communication, analytical, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Strong track record of integrity and exposure to the best-in-class process of managing integrity issues with the vendors.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in engineering, public procurement or related fields from a reputable university; professional Procurement Certification (e.g., CPSM, CIPS) preferred.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the employee level at which an applicant will enter AIIB.
About the Organization
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank with a mission to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia. Headquartered in Beijing, we began operations in January 2016 and have now grown to 93 approved members worldwide. By investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors in Asia and beyond, we will better connect people, services and markets that over time will impact the lives of billions and build a better future.