Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) is currently seeking an experienced Procurement Specialist for an anticipated five-year donor-funded Program in Tunis, Tunisia.
Cardno is an industry leader in providing Fiscal/Procurement Agent services for multiple international donors. Cardno is currently providing Fiscal/Procurement Agent services in over 13 countries in Africa, Asia, and Eastern Europe.
The Procurement Specialist will execute day-to-day procurement and contract administration activities of the Program as per the set procedures, manual, template and guidelines. The Procurement Specialist will assist senior members of the team in implementing tasks related to the procurement of large value goods, works, and services. Specific responsibilities include:
- Execute and coordinate day-to-day procurement activities for acquisition of goods, works, and services, encompassing but not limited to verifying technical specifications or terms of reference, preparing letters of invitation/requests for quotations, overseeing evaluation processes, drafting evaluation reports, contracts, and minutes of contract negotiations, and ensuring all procurements are carried out in accordance with procurement regulations and the conditions of the grant and implementation agreement.
- Assist with advertising, correspondence, bid receipt, and bid opening for all procurements, strictly in accordance with agreed procurement procedures.
- Assist in maintaining a database of companies expressing interest in the Program’s procurement.
- Provide contract administration services including arranging for proper inspection, ensuring compliance with terms and conditions of contracts, assisting with contract amendments, and ensuring completion of works and delivery of goods.
- Monitor and report on procurement implementation status and progress of ongoing contracts. Maintain procurement and contract files including in the SAP system.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working as a procurement professional
- Good understanding of procurement processes, procedures, and best practices
- Experience working with international development institutions’ procurement procedures is an added advantage (World Bank, USAID, or others)
- Experience working on projects in the water sector is desirable
- Proactive and quick learner; demonstrated ability to work on a team
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, law, economics, finance, or public administration
- Fluency in French and Good in English – reading, writing, and speaking
Computer Skills –
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office - Outlook, Excel, Word, and Project
About the Organization
Cardno has a 50-year history of working in partnership with developing countries to deliver solutions for sustainable development. Through the expertise of professionals operating in more than 100 countries, we investigate the causes of poverty and focus on improving the physical, economic and social infrastructure that sustains communities.