Product Innovation (Human Centred Design) Consultant
- SOLVE Youth, Skills & the Workforce of the Future Program
- Short term duration (up to 35 days between Jan – Mar 2021)
- Location: Cambodia (with travel to Kampong Cham)
- Remuneration in accordance with DFAT Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF)
With corporate offices in the USA, Spain, and Australia, DT Global’s portfolio - from water infrastructure to economic growth to conflict and transition programming - spans more than 90 countries. We have dedicated project offices in 31 countries and talented technical experts in every region of the world who work collaboratively to ensure seamless programming across continents and technical sectors.
We are currently seeking a Product Innovation (Human Centred Design) Consultant to join our team for the SOLVE Youth, Skills & the Workforce of the Future Program.
The Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) formed a strategic partnership with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and the Atlassian Foundation (Atlassian) to fund and support organisations (Solvers) that are working to prepare disadvantaged youth for the workforce of the future. One of the Solvers funded under the partnership is 40K, a social enterprise with extensive experience in working with underserved communities in India and Cambodia. 40K developed a technology platform that delivers learning resources offline in environments where there is a lack of internet and trained teachers as well as unreliable electricity.
The Product Innovation (Human Centred Design) Consultant will undertake extensive field research and consultation with target populations in Cambodia. This consultancy aims to assist 40K in evaluating and redesigning its product offering through a Human Centred Design approach, by evaluating customer needs and re-aligning (as necessary) the fit of the PLUS English product to cater to these needs as best possible.
Key skills and experience
- Qualifications in Human Centred Design, Design Thinking, Product Innovation, Applied Research methodology or similar.
- Extensive experience in product research and product design for low-resource environments, particularly in human centred design. Specific experience working with social enterprises is a plus.
- Extensive experience using industry best practice customer research, discovery tools and strategies to prepare frameworks.
- Extensive experience in needs-based product design and product innovation, primarily in EdTech.
- Training and coaching experience in product design & innovation.
- Presence in Cambodia and a deep understanding of the Cambodian market.
- Working knowledge of Khmer and English.
- Experience with tech products, particularly education technology.
- Understanding of DFAT’s policies and evaluation processes.
Applications are encouraged immediately and will close 13 Dec 2020 at 11:59 pm Australian Central Standard Time.
For more information and to APPLY please click the ‘APPLY NOW button’ above to be directed to our website.
Your application will need to include:
- A curriculum vitae
- Cover letter outlining responses against key criteria (no more than 2 pages)
- Proposed methodology approach (no more than 3 pages)
For further information about 40K and 40K PLUS, please visit: https://www.40kplus.com/
“DT Global is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to child protection. We encourage women and men and people living with disabilities to apply”.
Managed by DT Global and funded by Australian Government.
About the Organization
DT Global aim’s to be a leader in international development. Building on over 50 years of combined experience and with support and guidance from GPD Charitable Trust, DT Global will offer a broad array of technical capabilities and creative, adaptive approaches to delivering high-quality interventions. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain, and Australia, DT Global’s portfolio of development projects – from water infrastructure to economic growth to conflict and transition programming – spans more than 90 countries. We have dedicated project offices in 31 countries and talented technical experts in every region of the world. We draw on a rich history of supporting leading international donor agencies, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NZ MFAT, DFID, and government and private sector clients globally.