Do you have 2+ years of experience as a Product Owner? Are you excited to be a part of a dynamic company that’s growing fast and has an open, teamwork-focused culture? Read on.
You are analytical, detail-oriented, and empathetic. You thrive in an environment where you’re responsible for your own work. You strive to be the best communicator in the room and solve problems creatively while keeping vision at top of mind, too.
Does this sound like you? If you just said “yes,” see what you’ll do at Devex…
What you’ll do here
If you’ve read this far, we know that you want to know more.
What will you do as the Product Owner? You’ll be based in Barcelona on the Product Team, reporting to Christof Damian, the Technical Director at Devex.
- Define priorities for two scrum teams and set sprint goals
- Follow progress of work and address production issues during sprints
- Create vision and direction for the scrum teams and stakeholders
- Translate stakeholder and user input into context and feedback for the team
- Track of industry trends and integrate into Product’s vision
- Develop user stories and define acceptance criteria
- Define product feature requirements
- Plan releases and upgrades for product features
- Groom and prioritize product feature backlog
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics, and themes to create maximum value aligned with product strategy
- Communicate product updates to the rest of the company
- Refine our agile methodology based on results and member and partner feedback
Here are the basic requirements we’re looking for in the role…
- EU work authorization
- Native or near-native level of English
- 2 years of experience as Product Owner in an Agile environment
Besides the basics, here’s what we’d love to see you have experience in…
- International development, job boards or media organizations
- Software planning tools (like Jira)
What we can offer you
Being part of the Devex team is a partnership. We strive to make Devex a space where you can thrive and do your most inspirational work. Here are a few benefits we offer:
- Flexible work hours
- Generous maternity/paternity leave
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Weekly professional development and wellness activities
- 23 days paid vacation
- 2 week-long enterprise-wide breaks to rest and recharge
- 2 YAY days to learn or adventure as you like
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Are you ready to get started? Apply now!
About the Organization
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence and funding and career opportunities. Our goal is to do more good for more people. Today, we reach over 1 million aid workers and development professionals, and we can't wait to make it even more.
We live our mission, and bring our world-class academic and professional experience to work every single day to change the world.
Our diverse global team includes 130+ web-savvy journalists, analysts, developers, designers, and marketers. Our headquarters is in Washington, DC., we have offices in Barcelona and Manila, and reporters on 5 continents. We cover the most meaningful issues in the world, from eradicating malaria and polio to fighting climate change to ending poverty in our time. Professionals at NGOs like Save the Children, CARE, ONE, and the Gates Foundation rely on us to be in-the-know.