Panagora seeks a production and publications manager who will report to the senior manager of corporate communications and will work closely with her to ensure quality control across all Panagora proposals and deliverables. He/she will lead and manage the production process for proposals, including copy editing, formatting, ensuring adherence to RFP guidelines for proposal presentation and submission, managing an editorial calendar (working closely with our new business team), and managing outside consultants as needed. The production and publications manager will also work with project management teams to support editorial needs and make sure that contract deliverables adhere to the highest standards of excellence and quality of writing and presentation for which Panagora is known. She/he will also be involved in activities to build capacity on the Panagora team, including training, updating manuals and job aids, and mentoring.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the setting proposal production schedule and deadlines, working closely with the proposal coordinator
- Maintains and customizes proposal tools and templates, working with corporate communications senior manager
- Works with staff to train on copy editing and formatting
- Mentors specific staff on production and publication management
- Creates solicitation-specific templates
- Participates in relevant strategy meetings and conference calls to gather/communicate information concerning document layout and bid-specific production process requirements
- Works with proposal coordinator to make sure “color reviews” work with production timeline
- Controls and tracks text and graphics using correct processes, ensuring version control
- Manages consultant bench to support copy editing and formatting needs
- Responsible for updating quality assurance guidelines in new business manual
- Responsible for overseeing the entire production process for proposals, including preparation for final reviews and submission
- Responds to requests from project management teams for editorial support with direct support or mobilizing consultants as needed
- Works with key teams to identify ways to improve proposal and deliverable production process
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree is required or MA/MS degree with international focus preferred.
- 5-7 years of proposal production and/or desktop publishing
- Experience in the international development sector preferred
- Experience working with proposals is highly preferred
- Understanding of and experience with the Request for Proposals (RFP) and other procurement processes that are issued by the federal government
- Familiarity with the USAID procurement process preferred
- Advanced copy editing and formatting skills
- Exceptional writing abilities
- Experience managing editorial processes from start to finish
- Experience managing editorial consultants
- Natural team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a large number of requests and easily communicate with others regarding progress and completion of requests
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines while juggling multiple priorities
- Ability to keep track of minor differences between various style guides and bid-specific style guidelines
- Ability to think and problem solve creatively
- Experience training and mentoring staff
- Laser focus and attention to detail
- Advanced MS Word skills
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat Pro, SharePoint, Office 365, and MS Office
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Corporate communications
About the Organization
Panagora Group is a small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that build national capacity and promote sustainability through robust local participation and capacity building, utilizing highly integrated and private sector solutions. Throughout our work, we embrace a virtuous circle of knowledge stewardship, collaborative learning, and application of evidence to heighten and accelerate positive health and development outcomes.
Please visit our website at https://panagoragroup.net/jobs/ to apply. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
*Note: Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship at this time.