Productive Energy Usage Specialist (Foreign Nationals) Bangladeshi Nationals with Bangladeshi Passport are not eligible to apply.
No of Person: 1 person
Duration: 4 person months
I. Job Summary:
CARE is one of the world’s leading international humanitarian and development organizations, committed to helping people in poor communities improve their lives and alleviate poverty. Founded in 1945, CARE is working across 94 countries to fight global poverty and marginalization. CARE has been active in Bangladesh since 1949. In CARE, we put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities.
CARE is seeking CVs for short-term and long term inputs from experienced international experts (Foreign Nationals) for the Productive Energy Usage Specialist position.
Productive Energy Usage Specialist (International) will perform the following responsibilities:
II. Responsibilities and Tasks:
He/she will have overall responsibility for the implementation of the grant project in cooperation with the implementation activities of rural electrification board and other departments. S/he will be responbile for coordinating a multidisciplinary team, government and donor stakeholders to achieve the project deliverables. The specialist will be responsible for developing context specific energy based strategies for micro-enterprises and develop operational plans and guidelines to implement the strategy.
At least a postgraduate degree in energy, rural development, business administration or related disciplines.
Experience of 15 years or more in developing, financing or supporting productive energy usage in rural areas is preferred in developing countries in the region. The team leader will be an expert in energy-based entrepreneurship development with proven experience in working with disadvantaged and poor communities and women’s livelihood programs. He/she will have demonstrated experience in energy related project design and management, capacity development training for small enterprises, gender inclusive planning, liaison with public sector and international organizations. He/she will be familiar with research and analysis for addressing pro-poor, social and gender issues in the energy sector. The team leader will be familiar with the energy sector in Bangladesh and issues of `vulnerability’, accessibility and affordability related to energy resources and services.
Candidates need to be highly motivated and committed to CARE Bangladesh’s vision, mission, and long-term development work to significantly improve the lives of the most vulnerable and marginalized Candidates must be capable of displaying great learning agility, support and encourage knowledge sharing across projects, for the ultimate benefit of all of CARE’s mission wide initiatives.
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the really deserving candidate.
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply through CARE Bangladesh’s e-recruitment site: http://www.er-carebangladesh.org/care-recruitment/home on or before July 29, 2018.
- CARE Bangladesh aims to attract and select a diverse workforce ensuring equal opportunity to everyone, irrespective of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, HIV status, class, ethnicity, disability, location and religion.
- Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Any personal persuasion/phone-call will result in disqualification of candidature. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.
- CARE Bangladesh has a non-negotiable policy of ZERO TOLERANCE towards discrimination, harassment and abuse. All employees are expected to abide by the Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse & Child Protection Policy of CARE Bangladesh.
- Internal and external applicants shall be treated equally in the entire selection process.
- There is no cost involved with applying for positions with CARE Bangladesh. Any solicitation of job application costs should be regarded as fraudulent.