SALARY: $52,148.00 - $60,000.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 06/06/18
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
The National Center for State Courts (NCSC) is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of justice systems in the U.S. and around the world. NCSC partners with donor agencies, host country governments and civil society organizations to support judicial independence and promote access to justice. NCSC’s International Programs Division based in Arlington, Virginia is seeking candidates for the position of Program Accountant to provide professional level accounting support through the preparation of reports and invoices; monitoring of program plans, incurred expenses and supporting documentation to ensure timely and compliant processing of program elated financial reports and expense related documents.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The incumbent will provide dedicated accounting support for programs to include, but not limited to, the following duties and responsibilities.
- Working with field office staff on a continuous basis throughout the month to ensure that transactions in field office accounting systems are complete and accurate and have the necessary supporting documentation;
- Preparing the Standard Form (SF) 270 Request for Advance or Reimbursement Payments on a monthly basis and submitting to Accounting for approval taking into consideration the amount of expenditures already incurred, the amount of anticipated expenditures for the up-coming period less any unexpended funds remaining from previous periods;
- Preparing NCSC’s invoice, monthly Other Direct Costs report, shared cost itemized table and detailed budget summary chart as part of the payment request package for submission to Accounting for approval;
- Preparing a detailed line item breakout of actual vs. intended expenditures in addition to the standard SF-425 reporting for submission;
- Interfacing with the Grant Officer’s Representative regarding any ad hoc reporting requests;
- Monitoring program plans and up-coming activities for “special and unusual costs” not included in the approved summary and detailed budgets;
- Creating budget reports that will be the basis of seeking prior approval from the Grants Officer before such costs are incurred;
- Maintaining written records to support all allowable costs which are claimed as NCSC’s contribution to cost participation;
- Reviewing monthly unused e-ticket report to ensure that they are correctly reported in the accounting records before submission; and
- Reviewing monthly VAT report prepared by Field Office prior to submission.
To be considered candidates are required to possess the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance;
- A minimum of three years’ experience performing accounting support for government contractors that includes supporting projects funded by USAID and other donor agencies/organizations;
- Knowledge of GAAP at a level that demonstrates the ability to perform duties and responsibilities of the position independently and to achieve outcomes that meet required standards;
- Knowledge of federal rules in 2 CFR 200;
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks;
- Ability to proficiently use a PC for building spreadsheets, preparing reports, manipulating data and communicating using MS Office;
- Ability to speak English and Spanish fluently; and
- Ability to travel to the Latin America Region 10 - 20% of the time.
About the Organization
NCSC’s International Programs Division partners with donor agencies, host-country governments, and civil society organizations to support judicial independence and promote access to justice. NCSC has worked in more than 30 countries, throughout Sub-Saharan Africa and the Middle East, Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our unique expertise and experience enables us to extract, apply, and adapt lessons learned in diverse country settings and reform environments.
THE NATIONAL CENTER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, go to our web page at www.ncsc.org/jobs and click on NCSC domestic jobs. First time users will need to register before applying.
Position is open until filled.