Job DescriptionAbout Us
Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
Dexis Consulting Group is recruiting for a Program and Budget Analyst that will be embedded within USAID’s Bureau for Economic Growth, Education, and Environment (E3), Office of Education (ED), supporting the Program Team.
The USAID Office of Education’s mandate is to leverage its expertise , partnerships , and global perspective to guide and influence the Education Sector, advancing the Agency’s development priorities. The office leads the Agency’s efforts to support partner countries in achieving sustained, measurable improvements in learning outcomes and skills development. The office provides technical leadership and support to education programming across all levels (from pre-primary through higher education), contexts (stable to crisis and conflict-affected environments), settings (formal and non-formal), and providers (state and non-state). It developed and supports the implementation of the USAID Education Policy, which has four major priority areas: 1) Children and youth, particularly the most marginalized and vulnerable, have increased access to quality education that is safe, relevant, and promotes social well-being; 2) Children and youth gain literacy, numeracy , and social-emotional skills that are foundational to future learning and success; 3) Youth gain the skills they need to lead productive lives, gain employment , and positively contribute to society; and 4) Higher education institutions have the capacity to be central actors in development by conducting and applying research, delivering quality education, and engaging with communities .
The Program and Budget Analyst is primarily responsible for analysis, input, guidance, and deliverables associated with the program and budget cycles for the E3/ED portfolio. The Program and Budget Analyst will work across E3/ED organizational lines to achieve a wide range of complex duties primarily in the areas of budget formulation and budget execution, project design, activity design, project implementation, portfolio monitoring and management, and other duties as assigned.
Budget Formulation, Analysis, and Execution
- Collaborate with Bureau program office to execute E3/ED program and OE budgets; update financial tracking documents to reflect current status of funds
- Compile financial reports for US Congressional reporting and other financial reporting as needed
- Monitor office and activity budget/pipeline per contract and initiate incremental funding actions as needed.
- Collect, interpret and analyze financial data to present findings and propose solutions; Conduct special analyses and prepare routine and special reports and briefings for senior management, as required.
- Provide accurate and timely budget information for decision-making at all levels of the organization.
- Liaise with and provide support to other Bureau and Office teams on budget-related issues
- Collaborate with E3/ED leadership to allocate funds strategically and to prepare budget formulation documents.
Project Design, Activity Design, and Procurement
- Recommends and participates in developing strategies for new office programs, project and activity designs, and other office and sector needs. Coordinates activity approvals processes, including liaising between technical teams and the Executive Management Team (EMT).
- Provides up-to-date guidance and assistance to specialized Office staff in procedural matters relating to project and activity design, approval, obligation of funds, and contract and grant management.
- Prepares and disseminates various program documents and correspondence , including memos, waivers , amendments , project authorization documents, congressional notifications, technical notifications, and requests, and ensures that all documentation is complete and in compliance with USAID rules, regulations, and standards.
- In cooperation with technical staff, leads procurement planning and technical reviews. Tasks include supporting solicitation preparations , proposal and/or application reviews, and preparing and tracking information related to procurement and financial management.
- Channels technical teams’ ideas and concepts into standard program cycle processes that allow for a transparent understanding of ”how to get things done the right way” and allow for clear, efficient management decision-making.
Project Management and Program Team Functions
- Coordinates ongoing, Office-wide activity project management budget functions including accruals, pipeline reviews and field support.
- Backstops other program team functions as needed.
Other Duties As Assigned
- Pitches in to fill gaps, participate in working groups/task teams, and complete other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and at least six (6) years of experience OR master’s degree in a relevant field and at least four (4) years of experience.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience relevant to supporting budget and/or program management.
- Demonstrated commitment to producing outstanding work as a member of a fast moving, hard working team.
- Expertise in detailed work with complex budget and financial information
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; attention to detail while being able to see the bigger pictures.
- Comfort and experience using Microsoft Excel and other budgeting software and applications.
- Ability to prioritize individual tasks and understand overarching priorities for the office.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; able to successfully and effectively liaise with people within and across departments in a multi-cultural environment.
- Confident communicator with proven negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently, resourcefully and take initiative.
- Flexibility with changing priorities and an eagerness to learn under pressure.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret-level USG security clearance.
- Experience with USAID processes and/or systems preferred.
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.