The Feed the Future Southern Africa Seed Trade Project will allow seed trade across the region by providing technical assistance in the implementation of Seed Variety Testing, Registration and Release, Seed Certification and Quality Assurance and Quarantine, and Phytosanitary Measures for Seed. The Seed Trade Project will support activities in Feed the Future focus countries in the SADC region, including Zambia, Malawi, Mozambique, and Zimbabwe.
The Program Assistant will be responsible for day to day team coordination and administrative support. He/she will be responsible for the following:
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Write correspondence and other clerical writing duties as required
- Maintain project records and filing, including a correspondence log
- Support program activities, in particular events and workshops, with the preparation of communications and training materials and logistics, and other administrative support
- Coordinate meetings including with external stakeholders in a professional and efficient manner
- Assist with the booking and management of team travel and accommodation in the Southern Africa Region for meetings and events, and maintain up to date traveler profiles
- Manage office reception area and receive visitors
- Manage stock of office consumables and stationary
- Ensure all meetings are prepared for and manage team diaries
- Conduct research in support of program activities
- Manage program deliverables schedules, coordinating with the technical team as needed
- Perform reception duties as required
- Assist with general clerical duties including photocopying, scanning, filing
- Leave of absence cover for the operations assistant
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief of Party
- Legal residency status in Zambia is required
- At least three years of level experience in administration and clerical work
- Bachelor degree in a related field
- Strong diplomacy skills
- Experience with USAID development programs is an advantage
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Strong writing abilities
- Fluency in English is required.
The Program Assistant will be based in Lusaka, Zambia. S/he will report to the Chief of Party or his delegate.
About the Organization
DAI is an employee-owned global development company. For 40 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governments, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 60 countries. Our integrated development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines—crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS and disease control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.