ZemiTek is currently recruiting for a Program Assistant to support the U.S. Agency for International Development’s (USAID) Bureau for Economic Growth, Education and Environment (E3), Office of Local Sustainability (E3/LS). The ideal candidate will efficiently support the operations of the office, have experience carrying out a range of administrative duties, strive for perfection in all aspects of their work, and help foster a positive work environment. This is an ideal position for someone looking to break into international development and USAID!
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree and one to three years of administrative experience. Enthusiasm for the office’s mission and work. U.S. Government administrative experience preferred but not required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
General Administrative Support:
- Maintains compilation of office standards, protocols, and values and trains new staff on office practices and culture.
- Participates in strategic planning by recommending ways to improve office management and identifying future office needs.
- Schedules and provides logistical support for office meetings, brown bag seminars, workshops, conferences, retreats and other events.
- Serves as office timekeeper for direct hire employees using webTA.
- Provides telephone coverage and photocopying/scanning services.
- Handles data entry, spreadsheets, databases, mailing lists, supply orders, and trackers, including the leave planning tracker.
- Updates and maintains office director and deputy director’s calendars to resolve scheduling conflicts.
- Processes scheduling requests with office staff and Washington-based, Mission, and implementing partner contacts.
- Assigns and tracks Senior Obligation Alignment Reviews (SOAR) and Country Development Cooperation Strategies (CDCS) input from office staff.
- Develops and maintains key relationships within the bureau and around the Agency.
- Plans office networking events with support from office leadership.
- Coordinates special projects, specified administrative tasks, and other duties as
Travel Processing and Support:
- Serves as primary travel arranger for the office director and deputy director.
- Provides support to direct hire staff to process travel requests on receipt of itineraries, including reservations, ticketing, visas/passports, and country clearance.
- Maintains and updates the office’s travel tracker and provides regular travel updates to leadership.
- Assists with processing travel vouchers following a traveler’s return.
- Ensures that office travel is properly documented in the Agency’s systems (e.g., e2 Solutions and UTRAMS).
- Works with different parts of the Agency to commit funding for travelers.
- Reviews office correspondence for proper formatting as prescribed in official agency guidance.
- Keeps abreast and implements agency, bureau, and office guidance to ensure proper document management and clearance, including document approvals and filing.
- Prepares correspondence and documents (typing, formatting, preparing office documents).
- Maintains administrative files and manages records as office’s File Custodian. Logs and tracks documents - and standardizes and maintains files according to Agency Records Management directives.
- Participate in one to two international field visits annually to learn more about and better support the office’s programs and activities.
TO APPLY, please upload both a resume and a COVER LETTER to this posting.
About the Organization
ZemiTek, LLC is a Woman-Owned, SBA-certified 8(a) Small Disadvantage Business (SDB) based in the Washington, DC metro area. We have a strong record delivering innovative and high-quality solutions. Since 2007, ZemiTek has provided technical assistance, project management, information technology (IT), knowledge management, monitoring and evaluation, training and learning development, and institutional support services.