Highlight is seeking a detail-oriented Program Assistant to provide high-level administrative support to USAID’s Bureau for Policy, Planning and Learning (PPL), which develops the policies and strategies that guide USAID’s worldwide mission to support countries on their Journey to Self-Reliance.
You will be responsible for assisting the Front Office of PPL (PPL/AA) with daily tasks: Facilitating the Clearance Process for PPL clearance on Action Memos, Information Memos, Briefers, Meeting Requests, etc.; Coordinate with other PPL/AA staff on internal meetings; Support senior-level officials on PPL-led actions and tasks; Communicate with USAID’s Executive Secretariat on PPL input on high-level information materials.
- Serve as PPL’s Correspondence Control Contact (CCC) to facilitate PPL’s internal clearance process.
- Manage the PPL internal clearance process to ensure all materials have been reviewed and cleared by subject matter experts and leadership.
- Coordinate with PPL Senior Leadership on creating agendas and briefing materials ahead of high-level meetings with other USAID bureaus.
- Support PPL Senior Leadership on preparing for meetings, temporary duty assignments, and daily activities.
- Support PPL Senior Leadership on programmatic activities as needed.
- Coordinate and book travel for PPL Senior Leadership.
- Manage and advise travel procedures for staff including travel requirements: e.g. clearances, country travel concurrences, and voucher preparations.
- Draft meeting notes, correspondence, recommendations, reports, and memoranda for PPL Front Office meetings.
- Manage shared organized electronic filing system for PPL Front Office and PPL’s CCC drive.
- Coordinate with other USAID bureaus when tasks require a collaborative response.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Current DoD Secret clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2 or more years of experience working in a related position.
- International relations background.
- USAID experience preferred.
- Relationship management experience and ability to work under short-term deadlines.
About the Organization
Know Way. Know How.
For over ten years, Highlight has provided Development and Modernization, Secure IT and Mission Solutions for our federal government customers. We know the technology; we understand the way our customers and their stakeholders work; and we know how to implement industry best practices for development and services, delivering end-to-end solutions that minimize risk and maximize results.