Job DescriptionThis position will directly support the Asia Bureau•s Office of East Asian Affairs•and Office of South and Central Asian Affairs and be located on site with USAID.• The Program Assistant will be a part of the USAID Asia and Legislative and Public Affairs Workforce Surge Capacity program.
- Assist with the improvement, and management of effective budget tracking systems and provide operations reports as needed.
- Assist with accruals, vouchers, incremental funding requests, issuance of necessary documentation, and other related duties as needed.
- Assist in collection of program and project information and data,•coordinate completion of narrative financial and data reports (e.g., for portfolio reviews and annual performance plans).
- Provide administrative support with tasks related to communication: develop briefings, internal presentations, meeting agendas) i.e. memoranda, emails, and letters that seek approval or request information relating to program matters; and internal approvals or requests for information).
- Manage document clearances on behalf of the office.
- Assist in office logistics and travel arrangements.
- Assist technical staff in the preparation of program documents and correspondence that are in compliance with USAID standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor•s degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field (international development/relations, public administration) with a minimum of three years of professional experience.
- Experience with office technology and software with high proficiency (including Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and database management preferred).
- Experience with project management and/or international development, administrative and financial procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of e2 required.
- Knowledge of USAID and/or US Government administrative procedures.
- Strong ability in communication (verbal and written). Fluency in English (written and oral).•
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability.
- Ability to manage and support complex and geographically disparate portfolios.
- Ability to partner and provide excellent support service.
- Culturally sensitive and respectful.
- Active Security Clearance required.
About the OrganizationIDG International Resources Group