ZemiTek is currently recruiting for a Program Assistant in support of the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Bureau for Economic Growth, Education and Environment (E3).
Minimum Requirements: High school diploma and 3 years related experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes travel requests on receipt of itineraries, including reservations, ticketing, and visas/passports within two working days.
- Obtains country clearances for international travel via email/cable as appropriate two weeks prior to departure date.
- Processes travel vouchers within five working days from traveler’s return.
- Properly documents the travel in Agency’s electronic systems (e.g., E2i Solutions, E-Trams, etc.). Enters all data in E-TRAMS system for COR which consists of updating the projected travel, estimated costs, as well as justification for travel.
- Manages, tracks, and analyzes the travel plan and process. Prepares travel authorizations and travel vouchers. Commits Operating Expense and Program funds for travelers.
- Reviews office correspondence for proper formatting as prescribed in official agency guidance.
- Keeps abreast and implements agency guidance to ensure proper document management through clearance processes, electronic filing, etc.
- Produces documents to a very high standard without need for re-editing prior to clearance and dissemination from office.
- Prepares correspondence and documents (typing, formatting, preparing as final correspondence, cables and program documents).
- Distributes correspondence and documents (receive and distribute mail, faxes, cables and other requested information).
- Tracks, controls, and files documents (log and track documents, standardizes and maintains files according to Agency Records Management directives).
- Assists in entering Acquisitions and Assistance System requests and updates the procurement plan.
- Using Microsoft Excel, tracks and updates the payment of vouchers for grants. Coordinates with the COR to update vouchers, ensuring that they are logged in cleared by the Contracting Officer Representative (COR) and returned to Financial Management Office in a timely manner, usually within five working days. Analyzes performance of individual CORs in timely voucher processing by using the Excel database function. Analyzes burn rates of largest contracts to help the office with funds management.
- Assists the Bureau’s Program Office in the accrual process by distributing Accrual work sheets to the CORs and entering modified accrual in the Phoenix system. This process is done quarterly. Prior to the beginning to the exercise, sends out email describing the accrual process and deadlines to prepare Contracting Officer Representatives (COR) as well as gather as much information for each obligation, especially for CORs on travel.
General Administrative Support:
- Assists in preparation of routine reports, e.g., weekly reports, calendar of events, lists of publications, etc.
- Participates in strategic planning by recommending ways to improve office management and identifying future office needs.
- Provides logistical support for office meetings, brown bag seminar, workshops, conferences, retreats and other events.
- Maintains Sensitive But Unclassified (SUB) personnel and document files.
- Develops tracking system to help team leader manage process for timely performance reviews, promotions, and time and attendance.
- Maintains administrative files and manages records.
- Serves as WebTA timekeeper (time and attendance) for direct hire employees. This consists of entering time and attendance for employees on a bi-weekly basis.
- Provides telephone coverage.
- Provides Photocopying/Faxing/Scanning services.
- Handles data entry, spreadsheets, databases, mailing lists, supply orders.
- Updates and maintains Directors’ calendars to resolve scheduling conflicts.
- Supports team leaders and analysts in tracking the budget to ensure that it aligns with the procurement plan.
- Obligates and de-obligates funds in Phoenix system working with E3 Budget Analyst.
This is an opportunity for employment or a contract, but we reserve the right to make no selection or award. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
ZemiTek offers highly competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits.
ZemiTek is a Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Organization
ZemiTek, LLC is a Woman-Owned, SBA-certified 8(a) Small Disadvantage Business (SDB) based in the Washington, DC metro area. We have a strong record delivering innovative and high-quality solutions. Since 2007, ZemiTek has provided technical assistance, project management, information technology (IT), knowledge management, monitoring and evaluation, training and learning development, and institutional support services.