Program Assistant, Education Abroad
At AMIDEAST we pride ourselves in being a leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa. We also pride ourselves in providing 40+ days of paid leave and a great 401k with 6% matching.
The Program Assistant reports to the Director of Education Abroad and supports Education Abroad program activity. The Program Assistant is a key link between AMIDEAST Headquarters in Washington, DC and U.S. students, home institutions, and AMIDEAST field office staff members delivering AMIDEAST-sponsored programs in the Middle East and North Africa.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Updating and streamlining Education Abroad’s Terra Dotta application and pre-departure systems and materials for all AMIDEAST Education Abroad programs. Includes providing training and support to field office staff and interns in the use of Terra Dotta.
- Providing student support for students in the pre-departure phase as well as prospective students.
- Screening student applications against application criteria and processing student admissions.
- Managing the AMIDEAST Education Abroad marketing tour that includes researching study abroad fairs, budgeting for promotional travel, and contributing to the development of a long term marketing strategy.
- Representing AMIDEAST Education Abroad Programs at college and university education abroad fairs and in meetings with campus-based education abroad staff and faculty in Arabic and Middle East/North Africa studies.
- Managing the Constant Contact database and creating mailing campaigns
- Assisting in the content creation on AMIDEAST Education Abroad social media platforms and managing Education Abroad Facebook Program Groups.
- Assisting in the maintenance of the AMIDEAST Education Abroad web pages and blog site.
- Developing the AMIDEAST Education Abroad Alumni Network.
- Maintaining on-going collaboration with field office staff regarding designated AMIDEAST Education Abroad Programs.
- Providing general administrative support for the department. Includes creating meeting agendas, tracking program documentation, managing regular updates to key Education Abroad documents, collecting and preparing documents related to final grades, preparing bulk mailings and other correspondence.
- Tracking and assisting with the set-up of institutional visits to field offices related to Education Abroad Programs.
- Maintaining scholarship databases, processing and reviewing scholarship applications
- Conducting pre-departure webinars with students admitted to AMIDEAST semester and summer programs.
- Managing the Education Abroad internship application process and overseeing intern projects.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 2 years’ experience in an education abroad office setting
- Knowledge of Arabic and/or French
- Commitment to supporting traditionally underserved student populations
- Ability to travel in the U.S. for 1-2 weeks at a time several times a year
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, especially Word and Excel
- Broad knowledge of the Middle East and North Africa
- Excellent research skills and database experience
- Knowledge of or experience working with Terra Dotta software
- Prior professional use of social media platforms
- Academic study, employment, or extensive and substantive travel in the Middle East/North Africa
- Ability to travel in the Middle East/North Africa for a week or more per year as needed
Please provide a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to http://jobs.amideast.org
AMIDEAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
About the Organization
AMIDEAST is a leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa.
Founded in 1951, AMIDEAST in its early years focused on promoting U.S. study to students in the MENA region and managing U.S. scholarships and exchanges such as the flagship Fulbright Foreign Student Program. While these important programs continue apace, our work has expanded significantly.
Today AMIDEAST programs and services touch the lives of half a million individuals a year – improving educational opportunities and quality, strengthening local institutions, and developing language and professional skills critical for success in the global economy.