Dexis Consulting Group is recruiting for a Program Assistant that will be embedded within USAID’s Office of Education and support specifically the Education in Crisis and Conflict (EiCC) Team.
The USAID Office of Education focuses on implementing the USAID Education Strategy, which has three major goals:
- Goal One: Improved reading skills for 100 million children in primary grades;
- Goal Two: Improved ability of tertiary and workforce development programs to generate workforce skills relevant to a country’s development goals; and
- Goal Three: Increased equitable access to education in crisis and conflict environments for 15 million learners.
The Program Assistant is a member of the Education in Crisis and Conflict team within USAID/E3/ED and will report to the EiCC.Team Lead.
The Education in Crisis and Conflict Team aims to advance the strategic area of increasing equitable access to education in crisis and conflict environments. Work is performed primarily in E3/ED/BE but the incumbent is expected to participate in assignments that may cross organizational lines.
This position is responsible for providing administrative support, and some program support, to the Education in Crisis and Conflict team. In this role, the Program Assistant will manage general administrative functions for the team, including communications, records, and logistics, and perform other duties as assigned. In addition, s/he will assist with other team functions, ranging from budgeting, program design and management, to communications.
Technical Support to Programs and Projects
- Provide administrative and workflow management support
- Provide scheduling and coordination support
- Manage administrative tasks such as supplies, supply ordering, business cards, equipment, etc.
- Ensure external and internal meetings and conference calls run smoothly and effectively by managing invites and conference call details, organizing meeting logistics, preparing meeting materials, preparing minutes and actions, coordinating follow-up, and booking facilities
- Coordinate travel arrangements as needed, including flights, accommodation, visa application and ground transportation
- Assist in the preparation of meeting materials, including data collection, preparation and assembly of materials
- Track next steps on meeting outcomes and communications.
Portfolio Management and Reporting
- Support various and multiple program design, implementation, performance management, and budgeting and communications functions
- Take minutes of meetings
- Assist technical teams with tracking analytical data
Knowledge management and communication
- Ensure that inquiries are answered with consistent, standardized and accurate information and messaging
- Developing trackers and tables for planning and monitoring upcoming tasks and responsibilities; milestones for project design, implementation, and evaluation; global education issues and others as needed
- Track all documents going to and emanating from the team; ensure constant supplies of communication materials
- Demonstrated commitment to providing top notch administrative support to growing, fast moving, hard-working teams
- Commitment to USAID’s mission and to improving educational outcomes in crisis and conflict affected environments
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 4 years of administrative support experience
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and troubleshooting skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks; ability to learn quickly
- Strong team player
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Google Docs
- Experience in multicultural, multilingual environments preferred
- At least two years of international education in conflict-affected environments
- USAID or other donor experience preferred
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.