AMIDEAST is the leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training, and development activities exclusively in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). We offer generous paid leave and a great 401k with up to 6% matching.
The Program Assistant is a key member of the 18-person department charged with managing the Fulbright Foreign Student Program for the Middle East and North Africa. The incumbent will work in tandem with the assigned Program Officer to support a student caseload and perform placement activities. The incumbent also will assume responsibilities that pertain to and require the assistance of the Fulbright department as a whole. Therefore, the Program Assistant must be organized, diplomatic and team-focused.
Provide administrative duties including:
- Assist with the university placement and monitoring of Fulbright students from the Middle East & North Africa
- Coordinate university application submissions and track admission decisions
- Correspond with Fulbright students, AMIDEAST field staff, U.S. colleges & universities and Department of State representatives and Fulbright Binational Commission staff
- Accurately maintain student files and database records
- Coordinate and assist with conducting virtual interviews with Program Officer and nominees during the university placement process
- Coordinate virtual pre-departure orientation meetings with incoming Fulbright students
- Arrange and track student incoming and outgoing travel logistics
- Process and reconcile student payments
- Anticipate DS-2019 renewals and generate necessary forms
- Enroll and maintain students’ health insurance coverage and assist students with questions or issues concerning their medical coverage
- Assist with interviewing prospective Program Assistants
- Contribute to department’s social media efforts
- Assist with the supervision and training of Fulbright program intern(s)
- Represent AMIDEAST and the Fulbright program to visiting university representatives and at conferences or seminars
- Provide general clerical support to the Fulbright department as a whole
- Other administrative duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum one year relevant experience in an office environment
- Precise attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- Interest in the Middle East & North Africa and/or International Education desired
- Experience working with students is a plus
To submit your resume and cover letter please visit our website at www.amideast.org .
AMIDEAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer-/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
About the Organization
AMIDEAST is a leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa.
Founded in 1951, AMIDEAST in its early years focused on promoting U.S. study to students in the MENA region and managing U.S. scholarships and exchanges such as the flagship Fulbright Foreign Student Program. While these important programs continue apace, our work has expanded significantly.
Today AMIDEAST programs and services touch the lives of half a million individuals a year – improving educational opportunities and quality, strengthening local institutions, and developing language and professional skills critical for success in the global economy.