SI is seeking a Program Assistant. This position supports Social Impact’s Impact Evaluation division which is primarily responsible for managing a portfolio of IEs for USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), The US Department of State, The World Bank, or other donor agencies and organizations. The Program Assistant reports to Program Managers on individual projects and a Senior Program Manager as their manager. This is a full-time, HQ-based position.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to project teams, including consultant agreements; arranging travel; hotels; visas and other necessary insurances for traveling team members;
- Orient consultant team members to procedures for working with SI;
- Facilitate communication/collaboration between SI Program Managers, consultants, and client;
- Organize and schedule presentations, trainings, and other events associated with SI contracts;
- Under the supervision of Program Manager, draft and edit documents and reports;
- Under supervision of Program Manager, monitor program budgets and reconcile expenditures;
- Under supervision of Program Manager, provide technical support such as conducting desk research, assisting in the development of survey instruments and protocols, managing and cleaning quantitative and qualitative data sets, and supporting preliminary analysis, using Stata to conduct these tasks as appropriate.
- As needed and under supervision of Program Manager, provide inputs on bids and proposals including on logistics, mobilization, and administration;
- As needed and able, participate in field work, such as enumerator training or piloting data collection instruments.
- Participate in internal initiatives in the Impact Evaluation department as opportunities arise, and as availability allows.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, International Development, Economics, Political Science, or other related subject
- Proactive, self-starting, and strong attention to detail
- Deadline-oriented; ability to follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent English language verbal communication and writing skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite
- Professional proficiency in French or Spanish – strongly preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with Stata, ArcGIS or other quantitative analysis software packages - strongly preferred
- Coursework in international development and/or program evaluation - strongly preferred
- Work or study experience abroad - strongly preferred
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over one hundred countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.