DevTech is a subcontractor to Highlight Technologies, LLC, under the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Bureau for Policy, Planning, and Learning (PPL) Institutional Support Services Contract (ISSC). This contract entails the provision of system and program management support to PPL in the areas of policy, program, communications, and technical assistance and delivering full-time support staff with administrative, programmatic, and management experience. PPL develops policies and strategies that guide and help USAID achieve their worldwide mission to end extreme poverty and help develop democratic societies.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for assisting the Office of Policy with daily tasks; drafting memos and other written communications, organizing and coordinating both internal and external meetings, supporting USAID Directors, as well as other activities:
- Research, analyze, and write reports on topics relating to USAID programs.
- Communicate, coordinate, and perform outreach to various teams inside and outside of USAID.
- Plan and prepare meetings and events.
- Perform and monitor administrative requirements such as payroll, and time and attendance records.
- Coordinate and book travel for team members.
- Manage and advise on travel procedures for staff including travel requirements: e.g. clearances, country travel concurrences, and voucher preparations.
- Draft meeting notes, correspondence, recommendations, reports, and memoranda.
- Manage shared organized electronic filing system.
- Coordinate with other USAID bureaus when tasks require a collaborative response.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, political science, or relevant discipline.
- A minimum of two years of experience working in a similar position (e.g. international policy, development background).
- Relationship management experience and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- USAID experience preferred.
- US Citizenship.
- Current/Active Secret Clearance.
About the Organization
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements outlined here are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.