The Program Assistant will be supporting a variety of SI’s programs with clients, such as USAID and the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC). The Program Assistant will report to a Program Manager. Responsibilities will include:
- Provide administrative and logistical support to project teams, including consulting agreements, arranging travel, hotels, visas, and insurances for travelling team members.
- Orient consultant team members to procedures for working with SI.
- Facilitate communication/collaboration between SI Program Managers, consultants and client.
- Organize and schedule training events associated with various SI contracts.
- Under the supervision of a project manager, draft and edit documents and reports.
- Under supervision of a project manager, monitor program budgets and reconcile expenditures.
- Under supervision of a project manager, provide technical support such as analyzing qualitative data, conducting desk research, or drafting deliverables.
- As able, in a project manager absence, serve as an acting project manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Political Science, or related subject (required).
- Research experience.
- Coursework in international development preferred.
- Work or study experience abroad preferred.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills.
- Familiarity with quantitative or qualitative analysis software preferred.
- Foreign language proficiency preferred.
- Working knowledge of PC-based word processing, Excel, and desktop publishing applications.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to work as part of a creative and committed team and make a difference in the well-being of our world. We also offer a strong array of benefits to our employees, including professional development, competitive health insurance plans, robust Paid Time Off, opportunities to gain technical experience in M&E, and more.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.