We are seeking a Program Assistant (PA) to support our Telecommunications and Financial Solutions projects in Arlington, Virginia within the International Development and Advisory Services groups. The PA will provide day-to-day administrative support for projects and proposals in a fast-paced environment with quick turnarounds and tight deadlines. In addition, the PA may assist with data collection, online research, and data analysis for assignments. The position may require short overseas trips.
Key Project Coordination Responsibilities
- Serve as Project Assistant on projects for telecommunications (regulatory policy, economics, etc.) as well as financial solutions (infrastructure financing and other project finance, access to finance, etc.)
- Communicate with staff, consultants, and clients on contract, administrative, or logistics issues.
- Prepare employment agreements for consultants on projects.
- Arrange travel for staff and consultants on short-term assignments: obtain visas, make airline and hotel reservations, etc.
- Track consultant agreements, timesheet submissions, expense report submissions, payments for time and expenses.
- Provide general administrative and logistics support for projects, including but not limited to: preparing and tracking invoices, formatting reports and deliverables, arranging meetings or conference calls, and budget tracking.
Key Business Development Support Responsibilities
- Track tenders and announcements for telecommunications and financial solutions opportunities
- Assist in drafting expressions of interest and proposals in response to announcements. The PA may also assist with the following tasks: coordinating with proposal team and any subcontractors, recruiting qualified candidates, budgeting, drafting sections, formatting sections.
- Provide research and administrative support to business development efforts.
- A./B.S. in economics, finance, business, international development/affairs, or related field with minimum GPA of 3.0.
- One or more years of administrative work experience
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and database applications
- Proficiency in use of the Internet as a research tool
- Strong communication skills, especially writing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with quick turnarounds and tight deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Knowledge of international geography/travel issues advantageous, international work or internship experience preferred
- Language skills in Spanish, French, or Portuguese strongly preferred.
- Permanent U.S. work authorization required
About the Organization
Nathan is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence and with corporate offices in the US, London, and India and more than 40 program offices around the world, we offer the following areas of expertise, honed since we opened our doors in 1946: International Development, Litigation & Expert Services, Infrastructure Project Development & Finance, Advisory Services