Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
Dexis is seeking an experienced Program Assistant to provide support and expertise to the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Asia Bureau, Office of East Asian Affairs (ASIA/EAA). The work for this position will be based in Washington, D.C. The start date is immediate.
- Provide administrative support with tasks related to communication: assist Country Desk Officers (CDOs) and International Cooperation Specialists (ICSs) in developing briefings, internal presentations, meeting agendas, memoranda, emails, and letters that seek approval or request information relating to program matters; and internal approvals or requests for information.
- Assist CDOs/ICSs in providing support to field missions under their purview. This may include responding to requests; setting appointments and creating schedules for individual staff consultations in Washington; following the flow of reports and documents to be cleared; and acting as a liaison between mission personnel and Asia Bureau leadership on such flow. May also be asked to provide temporary coverage in the absence of a CDO/ICS.
- Assist in collecting program and project information and data and coordinating completion of narrative reports (e.g., for portfolio reviews and annual performance plans).
- Coordinate travel using the government’s travel system.
- Manage document clearances on behalf of the office.
- Assist in office administrative and logistical needs.
- Assist technical staff in the preparation of program documents and correspondence in compliance with USAID standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Active secret-level security clearance required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field (e.g., international development/relations, public administration, public policy)
- 3 years of professional experience required
- Proven ability to initiate tasks as needed, such as organizing office files and documents, developing standard operating procedures as indicated by technical leads, and ensuring collaboration and communication with the Front Office
- Experience with office technology and software with high proficiency (including Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and database management preferred)
- Knowledge of USAID and/or US Government administrative procedures preferred
- Experience with project management and/or international development, administrative and financial procedures
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.