Program Assistant, USAID Food Security Service Center II, Arlington, VA
The USAID Food Security Service Center II (FSSC II) is a five-year project managed by International Development Group (IDG). It was launched in June 2019 with the overarching goal of supporting USAID’s Bureau for Resilience and Food Security (RFS) in providing a broad range of integrated and knowledge-driven technical services to USAID Missions, USAID/Washington, and other USG operating units.
FSSC II is seeking a full-time Program Assistant (PA) to provide project administrative and logistical support to the FSSC II team and will assist with the recruitment and backstopping of short-term consultants. The incumbent will help manage a portfolio of short-term assignments from inception and mobilization through completion. In addition, s/he will prepare project budgets, manage the consulting database, maintain all related project documentation, and provide inputs for quarterly and annual reports. This position will initially be remote but will be based in Arlington, VA once COVID lockdown restrictions are lifted.
· Identify, recruit, and manage candidates from initial contact to hire date, including completion of reference, background checks, and other due diligence activities
· Provide programmatic and administrative support to FSSC II operations, including: processing consultant expense reports, review and approve timesheets, process vendor invoices, reconcile credit card charges, prepare assignment budgets and consultant agreements, and manage consultants’ activities in the field
· Provide logistical support to FSSC II consultants, including but not limited to: arranging travel and hotel reservations, and securing visas
· Contribute to quarterly reports, annual reports, and other project deliverables as needed
· Act as database manager, overseeing the functionality of the FSSC II database of consultants.
· Respond to all consultant request within a 24 hour timeframe.
· Assist the COP with yearly reporting of FSSC II indicators in the Feed the Future Module of USAID’s Development Information Solution.
· Other tasks, as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, International Development, International Relations, or related field
· One or more years’ experience, preferably supporting USAID-funded projects as a project assistant, project associate, financial analyst, or accounting administrator
· Ability to follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
· Strong attention to detail
· Excellent verbal communication and writing skills
· Solid knowledge of Microsoft standard applications and familiarity with using databases.
· Familiarity with Deltek Costpoint a plus.
To learn more about International Development Group, please visit our website: http://www.internationaldevelopmentgroup.com
IDG is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.