World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the world’s leading conservation organization, seeks a Program Associate at our Washington, DC office to assist with administrative and programmatic tasks related to the projects Collaboration for Forests and Agriculture (CFA) and Conservation and Financial Markets Initiative (CFMI).
Under the direction of either a Senior Program Officer or Director, works to support program goals and objectives through conducting research and analysis, organizing information and materials, drafting reports, proposals and presentations, and assisting with project management, policy development and analysis. Coordinates major activities for the program, communicates with staff on ongoing activities, and administers and monitors budgets, contracts and other assigned projects.
This position is for 2 years with possibilities of extension to 3 years.
- Must have Bachelor’s degree plus two years, or a minimum of four years relevant experience, preferably with environmental or conservation education or experience.
- Extremely detailed oriented and methodical.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Excellent communicational, organizational and analytical skills needed to proof and edit documents.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize, complete work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Strong management of Microsoft office software (PowerPoint, Excel and Word), as well as online tools (Sharepoint, Box, etc.)
- Proficiency in Spanish and English to include solid written and verbal language skills is required. Proficiency in Portuguese desired.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #18090
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status.