Join Sayara International Washington DC team and support a portfolio of development and communication projects conducted abroad. The majority of our programming is based in Afghanistan, Lebanon and Pakistan but we are expanding and there are opportunities to work in Iraq, Latin America and Horn of Africa. The candidate will also be heavily involved in business development, including proposal writing, budgeting, strategy development, reporting, research, and media monitoring.
Washington, DC (with occasional international travel)
The daily responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Support Kabul, Beirut, Islamabad program teams in developing program international, frameworks and implementation plans.
- Write client-ready program reports.
- Edit reports written in the field by non-native English speakers.
- Clean databases and conduct M&E data analysis.
- Organize institutional files.
- Support development of proposals for government and NGO clients in the Middle East, Central and South Asia, Latin America and Horn of Africa.
- Work in a dynamic environment with multiple remote teams.
- University degree; secondary degree is preferable, but commensurate experience may be substituted.
- Experience writing reports; strong English editing capabilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours, with potential travel to Afghanistan, and other potentially insecure environments.
- Knowledge of the international development donor industry and experience writing proposals
- Background in research
- Previous experience in the communications environment
The Program Associate reports to the President and relevant program managers.
Full-time position. The candidate will be offered an at will employment contract that will have a 6-month introductory period.
How to Apply
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of
the email should be “Program Associate—Last Name, First Name. (i.e. Program
Associate—Smith, Jane.) Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please also indicate in your email where you found this job posting.
About the Organization
Sayara International is a development firm specializing in ground-based research and program implementation in areas of the world enmeshed in – or transitioning out of – crisis. Our team of development professionals has a wide array of experience in complex environments, having worked for governmental and non-governmental agencies. Our primary clients include USAID, State Department and International Non-Governmental Organizations. By employing community-based solutions, our programs focus on civil-society and governance; stabilization and transition; countering violent extremism; capacity building; and research and evaluation methods that account for the challenges of populations in crisis. Our teams of professionals work out of Sayara International global offices in Beirut, Kabul, Islamabad and Washington, DC.