The Program Associate provides administrative and logistical support to IESC program management staff in IESC’s Home Office as well as international field offices. In addition, the Program Associate supports select new business efforts. This position is based in the Washington, DC headquarters of IESC, reports to the Program Manager and is a full-time (40 hours per week) position.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Provide support for day-to-day global program operations activities;
- Assist with startup and closeout activities for programs, which may include travel to field offices;
- Manage program documentation including reports, financials, and contact information and maintain files in Sharepoint management information system;
- Review, edit, and contribute to program reports and other documents;
- Identify, recruit, and field consultants using IESC’s recruitment database and other sources for technical assistance assignments;
- Compile various project evaluations;
- Create summaries of technical assistance for consultant assignments;
- Review and reconcile expense reports;
- Contribute to monthly cash advance estimates and support program manager with program financial management and monitoring of field level expenses;
- Update and manage the recording of program property;
- Contribute to program promotional information;
- Develop program fact sheets and contribute to other program specific communication materials;
- Support new business activities including background research, cost data collection, contracts administration;
- Attend informative events related to the subject matter or region of a program to network and learn information that could be valuable to program activities;
- Provide administrative and logistical support, as needed;
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Development or related field;
- 1-2 years of related work experience, preferably working with an international NGO, development organization or field experience in the developing world;
- Experience working with projects funded by USAID, USDA or other international donors preferred, particularly on USAID funded contracts;
- Ability to prioritize among multiple competing requests;
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, thorough and well organized;
- Effective communication skills and cross-cultural competency to support Home Office and Field Office staff as well as consultants;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Fluency in English required;
- Experience working in South East Asia preferred; and,
- Individuals must be authorized to work in the United States.
About the Organization
The International Executive Service Corps is a Washington, DC-based non-profit organization with a focus on private sector growth. We support and catalyze the development of private enterprises, business support organizations, financial institutions, and public institutions. For nearly 50 years, IESC has been promoting stability and prosperity through private enterprise development. We design, implement, manage and evaluate economic growth programs under contracts and cooperative agreements with organizations like the U.S. Agency for International Development, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the U.S. Department of State as well as for private companies and foreign governments. To ensure sustainable employment opportunities, generate increases in sales, and facilitate economic growth, we provide an array of services through each of our five practice areas: - Trade and Enterprise - ICT and Applied Technologies - Financial Services - Tourism - Public Sector and Business Enabling Environment Over the years, we’ve implemented more than 25,000 short-term projects and 200 programs in 130 countries.True to our mission— Promoting Prosperity and Stability through Private Enterprise — we’re proud to have created more than one million jobs all across the globe.