Program Associate - Afghanistan
Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the Core Values in their day-to-day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:
Excellence- We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom- We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect- We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork- We believe in diversity, inclusion, and the power of global collaboration. Transparency- We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability- We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
The Program Associate (PA) is the entry level position for program work at IRI and provides administrative and programmatic support for current and developing programs in Afghanistan.
· Undergraduate degree in political science, international relations, Afghan/South Asian affairs, or related field
· 2 or more years of experience in international development, South Asian/Afghan studies, or related field
· Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required
· Excellent writing, research, and communication skills
· International experience preferred
· Knowledge of/experience working on issues in Afghanistan
· Pashto/Dari language proficiency a plus
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
· Tracks and follows-up on pending procurement requests, approvals and monitoring once approved, including processing payments
· Reviews payments requests from partners
· Assists in projecting program costs and monitoring project spending
· Contributes to quarterly, semi-annual, final, and other relevant reports for funders
· Edits and summarizes weekly reports for internal and funder audiences
· Coordinates submission of contract packages
· Updates program databases, contract trackers, etc.
· Maintains project site and documents
· Provides logistical support for DC meetings and events
· Supports IRI’s communication strategy including IRI’s branding and outreach plans on projects assigned by drafting and updating program summaries, web stories/blogs, tweets, etc.
· Follows political developments in countries assigned and contributes toward summarizing/analyzing content in quarterly reports and proposals
· Assists with program monitoring and evaluation (M&E), including participating in regular M&E calls, tracking compliance, and identifying where adjustments need to be made
· Participates in program design and strategy brainstorming sessions
· Participates in business development, such as in writing proposal portions and drafting budgets
· Participates in cross functional teams and initiatives (optional)
· Performs other duties as assigned.