The Program Associate supports the Asia Division of ROLI in implementing rule of law programs across Asia, and assists in the design and development of new programs. Responsible for the implementation of programs and projects under the supervision of the program director or manager. Held accountable for the successful execution of assigned programs/projects ensuring projects move forward in a productive manner.
This role would suit someone eager to work in international development in the long term, especially in promoting the rule of law and building justice sector institutions. Some work experience is ideal, but not required. Relevant paid or voluntary experience would be a real asset. The role involves substantial administrative responsibilities and mastering complex regulatory requirements quickly while effectively communicating with member leaders and staff. There is considerable opportunity to participate across the Asia Division, contribute to the development of new programs, and take on more responsibility over time.
- Implements one or more programs or projects, includes participation in program/project planning.
- Ensures implementation of programs/projects confirm to ABA policies.
- Analyzes project/program performance throughout the process to measure progress against the project/program plan
- Serves as a point of contact for projects and communicates with member leaders and staff on project status. Communicates with member leaders and staff, including reporting on progress and results.
- Accountable for successful execution of assigned projects
- May provide advanced administrative support functions in support of project and/or major work groups
- Coordinates with others on joint projects.
- Perform other related duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Possession of basic skills in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Previous experience working in an office environment
- A degree in law and/or international development
- 1-2 years of experience in international development, or living in a developing country, especially in the Asia region
- Analytical problem-solving ability, self-direction, project experience, research and writing skills, and meeting planning experience
- Impeccable written English, excellent attention to detail, good interpersonal skills
- Experience working with USAID grants, or other grant-funded programs and their regulations, preparing funding applications
- Experience planning travel and processing expense reports, preparing budgets
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are only able to follow up with candidates who are selected for interviews. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and this position may be filled prior to the close date.
To apply, please visit: https://www.recruitingcenter.net/Clients/abanet/PublicJobs/controller.cfm?jbaction=JobProfile&job_id=12083
About the Organization
ABA ROLI is a non-profit organization that implements legal reform programs in roughly 40 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 500 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
For more information about what we do at ABA ROLI please visit: https://www.americanbar.org/advocacy/rule_of_law/about.html