The Program Associate will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of projects and proposals related to forestry and natural resource management.
Responsibilities will include: bridging between administrative and program activities including fielding consultants, writing program descriptions, editing reports, ensuring programs comply with and follow Winrock policy.
- Provide technical and administrative support to program staff on USAID funded grants and contracts. This will include fielding consultants (write terms of reference, develop contracts, arrange airfare and manage expense reports); reviewing and writing reports, supporting field staff as needed, supporting project procurements, working closely with Contracts to ensure partnering organizations provide the correct documentation. Manage project files and project management tools.
- Engage in proposal development. This will include conducting research, and drafting proposal pieces including tables, institutional capabilities statements, CVs, and key sections such as management and staffing plans. The work will also include editing and facilitating communication with prospective partners and short- and long-term technical assistance candidates.
- Assist in proposal preparation and coordination. This may include managing proposal calendars; coordinating proposal teams, arranging meetings, assembling proposals; formatting documents and CVs; and performing internet-based research.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Background
Education: Bachelor’s required; Master’s degree in field related to environment or international development preferred.
- Two years’ work experience in international affairs, natural resource management or biodiversity, understanding cross cultural issues
- International experience a key asset
- Demonstrated writing abilities essential
- Demonstrated professional and communications skills
- Knowledge of international development sector
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including high proficiency in Excel, required
- Excellent organization skills essential, including ability to coordinate a variety of tasks, meet deadlines, work effectively under pressure
- Willingness to work as a team player and support others with tasks as needed
- Demonstrated strong analytical capability and problem-solving abilities required
- Excellent interpersonal skills required
- Familiarity with a broad range environment and development issues required
- Excellent verbal and written communications in English
- Working proficiency in French is required
- Previous experience with USAID is highly preferable
- Ability to work outside normal office hours (for example, for calls to field locations) is highly preferable
- Must be willing and able to travel without dependents to remote locations both domestically and internationally on short trips (up to a month or so)
- Must have valid employment status in US
About the Organization
Winrock is a recognized leader in international development with a focus on social and environmental issues. As a mission driven field-based organization, we believe that sustainable development is inclusive and that complex challenges require integrated solutions. We pride ourselves as a quality-driven organization with the desire for a continuous improvement in program results and processes and for a culture of accountability.