The Program Associate is an entry level position at IFES. As a junior member of the team, the Program Associate will primarily contribute to timely, effective and responsive project management through programmatic, administrative, and operational support for existing programs. In addition, s/he will contribute to program development, strategic communications, and knowledge management initiatives. This position is housed in the Americas Region: http://www.ifes.org/americas
- Provide administrative, contractual, and programmatic support
- Translate project documents French/English/French
- Assist with review and submission of wire transfers and vendor invoices
- Assist with review and preparation of reconciliation of credit cards
- Plan and expedite airline, hotel, visas and other travel related arrangements
- Prepare, review for completeness, and submit material for procurement including drafting RFP/RFQ, preparing selection packages, tracking existing contracts etc.
- Support recruitment and mobilization of field staff and consultants for field assignments
- Maintain project records and documents, like consultant contracts
- Assist with editing/writing quarterlies and other reports and deliverable
- Provide operational support for Program meetings
- Comply agenda for weekly teleconference and prepares meeting notes
- Assist in proposal development/new initiatives processes
- Research and contribute to writing concept pieces and technical proposals
- Support in the preparation of budget notes and elements of cost applications
- Copyedit and format reports and other documents
- Provide support during external meetings and special initiatives
- Prepare and assemble briefing materials as directed
- Provide assistance on special projects and assignments
- Contribute to drafting external communication products, such as IFES.org
- Assist in preparation of communication resources, such as one-pagers
- Participate in internal knowledge management initiative (KMI) meetings
- Contribute to KMI groups by sharing information, trends, and field lessons
- Prepare summaries of technical publications
- Attend conferences/meetings and prepare summaries of main
- Support internal and external knowledge sharing events
- Other duties as assigned
The position requires flexibility, resourcefulness, and the ability to assume varied responsibilities. The Program Assistant must be exceptionally detail oriented, organized, and able to take initiative.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience: Internship(s) experience with an international non-governmental organization a plus. 0 - 2 years’ relevant experience in international development or related field.
Related Skills or Knowledge:
- Strong communication, written and verbal, skills
- Good cross-cultural communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational ability and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities quickly and effectively
- Interest in and knowledge of the Region
- Familiarity with USAID and other international donor regulations, preferred
- Able to work well independently and as part of team
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong working knowledge of French is required.
About the Organization
Vision: Our vision is a world in which strong democratic institutions empower citizens to have a voice in the way they are governed.
Mission: The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) supports citizens’ rights to participate in free and fair elections. Our independent expertise strengthens electoral systems and builds local capacity to deliver sustainable solutions.
As the global leader in democracy promotion, we advance good governance and democratic rights by:
- Providing technical assistance to election officials
- Empowering the underrepresented to participate in the political process
- Applying field-based research to improve the electoral cycle
Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 145 countries – from developing democracies, to mature democracies.