The Program Associate, Organizational Metrics is responsible for developing and strengthening EngenderHealth’s effectiveness measurements with a focus on data management systems and data quality assurance processes.
This is an associate level union position under EngenderHealth’s collective bargaining agreement with the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU) Local 153, AFL-CIO and subject to union dues.
Must possess the following requirements with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Master’s degree in public health (MPH) or a related discipline.
- Five (5) years of experience with sexual, reproductive, adolescent health and/or maternal, newborn, child health including abortion.
- Trained in health management information systems and database management, for example, DHIS2 or another similar database platform.
- Administered user training in database platform usage including tailoring methods for a non-technical audience.
- Developed and implemented database management systems including user interfaces.
- Developing and implementing systems for program monitoring.
- Work-related experience in data management, data quality analytics, and data visualization.
- Analytical skills to conduct univariate and simple multivariate statistical analysis.
- Technical skills:
- PowerPoint to create presentations including the ability to import/export content from other sources.
- Word and Adobe to create .pdf files, hyperlinks, tables, communication materials, format layout, and configure print functionality.
- Spreadsheets (e.g. Excel) for detailed statistical analysis, e.g. multi-variate analysis, application of formulas for cross-program analysis.
- Use SPSS, Stata, or EpiInfo for statistical analysis and validation for large sets of data.
- Use of common data visualization software to present data and trends to deepen programmatic insights and drive strategy decisions at project and country program levels (e.g. Excel, Tableau, JMP, or Microsoft BI).
- Use of survey development applications (e.g. SurveyMonkey, Qualtrics, Google forms, CSPro) for conducting surveys of a small and large scale within EH and outside to gain insights on specific issues (e.g. staff capacity needs on metrics and analysis, health care provider training needs).
- Fluency in English, which includes the use of accurate grammar.
- Able to travel to program countries based on business need approximately 25% to 40% or the equivalent to 13 to 21 weeks annually.
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS:
- Leadership skills to work with autonomy and prioritizing tasks.
- Understand and demonstrate problem-solving skills.
- Organized, high level of accuracy, and meticulous attention-to-detail.
- Collaboratively shares information and supports colleagues.
- Able to learn the business and fully understand how and why tasks satisfy business needs.
- Ability to synthesize information from multiple sources.
- Adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines seamlessly.
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS:
- Organizational metrics experience.
- Familiarity with impact estimation in reproductive health, family planning, maternal, newborn and/or child health.
- Qualitative data analysis skills.
- Developed and maintained databases in the DHIS2 development environment.
- SQL programming or similar.
- Ability to communicate in French using business and healthcare terminology.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person(s) assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed and assigned.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state and local laws.
EngenderHealth complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in the United States in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.