The Program Associate is an important member of the Program Management Unit (PMU) team, providing support to the firm’s extensive field office (FO) network. This position will support the PMU team in supporting a variety of SI’s FOs and programs with clients such as USAID. The PMU Program Associate will work in close collaboration with Program Managers (PMs) and will report to a PMU PM. Minimal travel is anticipated for this position.
Field Office and Contract Management
- Manage a portfolio of one smaller FO contract including recruitment and personnel management, contract compliance, FO operational oversight, and budget management.
- Provide administrative, logistical, and operational support to at least one other FO.
- Review and process monthly field office expenses, monthly cash advance requests, and client invoices for compliance and accuracy.
- Support all project-related procurement and subcontract/vendor management.
- Coordinate with the FO for completion of all SI internal reporting requirements, including results reporting and participation in SI’s FO Community of Practice.
- Act as primary point of contact for all project administrative and logistical support for FO staff, HQ staff, and consultants, including travel mobilization, consultant onboarding, recruitment, financial tracking and reconciliation, and report copyediting.
- Support the tracking and execution of all client deliverables.
- Provide the Project Director (PD) and other management with regular updates on FO activities and overall project status. Responsible for organizing and managing project check ins with FOs and HQ.
- Maintain strong knowledge management practices by organizing project information on SharePoint.
- Backstop the responsibilities for other PMU staff while on travel or leave, on an as-needed basis.
- Contribute to the review and processing of field office expense reports and monthly cash advance requests.
- Ensure FO technical needs are met by facilitating internal and external technical support.
- Identify and recruit international consultants to serve on technical teams.
- Under supervision of the PM and PD, ensure FO compliance with all HQ and client policies and procedures for contractual and financial management.
- Act as liaison between FOs and HQ departments, facilitating communication and collaboration, and scheduling meetings and training events as necessary.
- Under supervision of the PM and PD, support FO and project startup/closeout procedures, including financial, contractual, operational, and personnel-related tasks.
PMU Operations and Development
- Participate in division- and company-wide initiatives to develop and improve policies, templates, and standard operating procedures
- Draft and review language for business development proposals on an as-needed basis
- Minimum BA degree (required).
- Minimum of two years of professional experience, preferably in international development, field office support, and/or working with USAID.
- Work or study experience overseas (preferred).
- Proactive, self-starting, and detail-oriented.
- Strong willingness to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Deadline-oriented; ability to follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of PC-based word processing, Excel, and PowerPoint applications.
- Must be willing to learn SI’s program management, accounting, and travel applications.
- Proficiency in French or Spanish (preferred).
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.