Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützt die GIZ die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen.
GIZ is supporting the Jordanian water sector institutions in managing their water resources efficiently and sustainably. The portfolio consists of four sub clusters: Water Supply, Waste Water, Energy for Water and Governance & Planning. The project “Management of Water Resources” is the main GIZ project in the governance sub cluster. It is commissioned to significantly improve sector governance in the fields of regulation, water resources planning, irrigation management and private sector participation. The principle aim of the two components regulation and private sector participation is to support the Jordanian water institutions in improving performance, oversight and transparency in the water sector and to realize an increased engagement of the private sector in operation and maintenance of water infrastructure. Expectations in the sector regarding considerable progress in these fields are high.
- Technical, financial and administrative steering of the components “regulation” and “private sector participation”
- Advising partners on the participation of the private sector in the water sector
- Advising partners on strengthening regulatory functions of sector institutions with regard to technical, financial, legal and institutional aspects
- Management of project implementation with public and private partners Coordination of sub-contractors
- Assurance of quality within the components
- Supporting partners in the conception and promotion of a new platform for public-private dialogue
- Contributing to donor coordination (USAID)
- Academic degree in Economics or Water Engineering or any other relevant discipline
- Many years of professional experience in private sector participation and in regulation
- Sound expertise in the water sector
- Several years of experience in policy advice at national level
- Strong management experience in project implementation, including financial management, monitoring & evaluation, and knowledge management
- Fluency in English, basic knowledge of German, Arabic is an advantage
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
About the Organization
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.