SUMMARY OF POSITION
CowaterSogema is recruiting a Program Coordinator to support a new development initiative in Cambodia which aims to improve the sustainability of quality and inclusive services for persons with disabilities and for women affected by gender-based violence (GBV).
Reporting to the Program Team Leader, the Program Coordinator will work across ACCESS’ key Technical Areas, including Disability, GBV and Public Financial Management (PFM), to provide implementation, coordination, monitoring and administrative support to the Program team. The Program Coordinator will work closely with each of the Technical Leads, the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager as well as the Team Leader.
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant area such as disability policy, relevant rehabilitation fields, psychology, social work, social science, development studies, or another relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years working in relevant thematic areas, including in project management and/or monitoring and evaluation
- Demonstrated understanding of the complexity of Disability and GBV issues in Cambodia:
- Strong understanding of project cycle management and M&E concepts
- Strong liaison building skills with a variety of stakeholders, including experience working with government partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Khmer;
- Ability to work as part of a team, in collaboration with other technical experts and independently, as required; and
- Experience working with NGOs, CSOs, grassroots organizations in service delivery and/or advocacy is a strong asset.
Key responsibilities include:
Coordination and Administrative Support
- Assume responsibility for day-to-day management of initiatives under the Disability, GBV and PFM portfolio;
- Support organization of internal (Team) and external meetings and workshops (e.g., quarterly Working Groups’ meetings) including preparation and dissemination of meeting materials, presentations, and other secretariat functions;
- Collaborate with the Communications and Learning Officer in the production and dissemination of program communications materials;
- Coordinate with Operations and Finance team to provide required program-related information for financial reporting and budgeting;
- Support Technical Leads and MEL manager in annual planning process;
- Coordinate the development of technical outputs, including contributing to reporting, documentation of lessons learnt, as directed by the Technical Leads; and
- Perform other duties as requested in support of the effective implementation of the Disability, GBV and PFM portfolios.
Grant Management and Stakeholder Coordination Support
- Support Technical Leads in liaison with government counterparts in MOWA, MOSVY, DAC and MEF
- Support linkages with other relevant line Ministries such as Ministry of Health, Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training and Ministry of Interior
- Support engagement of DPOs and grass root civil society organisations in the Program
- Support grantees to develop their proposal, annual planning, and reports;
- Support management of sub-contracts and grant agreements related to Disability and GBV initiatives, ensuring compliance with program operating procedures and donor requirements;
- Provide grantees with information and support as needed;
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Support the collection and analysis of sex- and age-disaggregated data to input into the program monitoring and evaluation system
- Support to grantee programs and government institutions in ME, including preparing ME system and tools, planning and ME implementation.
- Compile and analyse M&E information from disability and GBV workstream grantees
- Monitor activities of grantees through regular field visits and communication;
- Ensure that grantees’ interventions are contributing to the overall program objectives;
- Coordinate research and analysis, including the engagement of external technical experts and researchers, as necessary, and quality assuring all outputs;
- Support annual planning process; and
- Support facilitation of six-monthly reflection and refocus process.
Support to Technical Assistance and Capacity Building
- Develop awareness raising and staff training materials to raise awareness on issues of Disability Inclusion and Gender Equality and ensure that they are integrated into programming;
- In collaboration with the Technical Leads, conduct Disability Inclusion and Gender Equality training for the program team and other stakeholders; and
- Participate in team meetings and workshops, providing input into the design and implementation of program initiatives, where appropriate.
How to apply: Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23-Jan-2019. You may also call 012 876 549 if you have any questions regarding to the application.
CowaterSogema International Inc. promotes equal opportunities for all. We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Candidates are encouraged to apply before the closing date provided as applications will be assessed as they are received. Only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with CowaterSogema.
About the OrganizationCowaterSogema is a global leader in management consulting services, focusing on developing and emerging economies. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. As Canada’s largest international development consulting firm, CowaterSogema has developed a reputation of excellence for our strong ability to work with clients and stakeholders to provide leading-edge solutions and services tailored to the needs and challenges faced by developing and transitional countries. Our firm possesses internationally recognized and award-winning experience at the policy, program and project levels, developing and managing major projects as well as undertaking studies, sector reviews, evaluations, and training and communications activities.
CowaterSogema is a global company with its headquarters in Ottawa, Canada, an office in Montreal, Canada, an office in Pretoria, South Africa (CowaterSogema South Africa) and operations in Paris, France (CowaterSogema Europe). Additionally, the company currently operates project offices worldwide including in Burkina Faso, Mali, Malawi, Cameroon, South Sudan, Mozambique, Zambia, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Indonesia, Jordan, Peru, Honduras, Barbados etc.