APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: To be considered for this position, you must submit a complete application with a resume and cover letter attached. Please upload both as one attachment when prompted to upload a resume. If you’re unable to upload all of your application documents via Workday please send an email to email@example.com with the documents you were unable to attach; they will be uploaded on your behalf. Please ensure you still submit your general application information and resume via Workday.
Macfadden, a PAE company, seeks a Program Coordinator to support USAID’s Office of Food for Peace (USAID/FFP). USAID/FFP is a U.S. Government office that provides life-saving food assistance and supports longer-term development activities that mitigate chronic food insecurity. The Program Coordinator will provide dedicated support to USAID/FFP’s Global Policy and Partnerships Team through a variety of tasks that facilitate the team’s engagement with international humanitarian actors.
Responsibilities of the Program Coordinator include but are not limited to the following:
- Draft talking points, briefing memos, and other documents that clearly convey USAID/FFP’s policy priorities for both internal and external audiences.
- Attend and take notes for meetings with representatives from U.S. Government offices, UN agencies, and other donor governments.
- Coordinate with staff throughout the office on policy and programmatic issues related to USAID/FFP’s partnership with UN agencies, and support USAID/FFP’s participation in high-level meetings with UN representatives.
- Analyze UN partner reports and audits pertaining to USAID/FFP programming.
- Manage logistics for meetings and events.
- Oversee administrative tasks for the Global Policy Team, including the preparation of comp time and travel memos.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Affairs or a related field.
- One to four years of work experience that demonstrates ability to multitask and meet rapid deadlines with quality work.
- Familiarity with humanitarian issues, the U.S. Government, and/or international humanitarian actors is preferred but not required.
- Must be eligible for a Secret-level U.S. Government security clearance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and close attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to manage large and multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently but also function effectively as part of a team.
To be considered for this position, you must submit a resume and cover letter. Please submit these items as attachments to preserve formatting.
Only applications with a resume and cover letter will be considered; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored clearance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
About the Organization
Macfadden is now part of PAE. Founded over 30 years ago, Macfadden has provided federal agencies with critical on-the-ground support to U.S. government humanitarian missions around the world as well as financial and IT system support. Through program management, human resources services, financial management systems support, information technology solutions, knowledge management, travel coordination and communications support, Macfadden enables effective U.S. government humanitarian response to international disasters. Macfadden’s workforce includes approximately 300 employees primarily located in the Washington, D.C. area.