POSITION TITLE: Program Coordinator
DIVISION: Enterprise and Community Development
REPORTS TO: Program Manager, Enterprise and Community Development
LOCATION: Washington, DC
PYXERA Global’s Enterprise and Community Development (ECD) Division catalyzes partnerships to achieve sustainable economic growth of local enterprises and communities. PYXERA Global is seeking a Program Coordinator with experience working on sustainable international development initiatives. The Program Coordinator will provide administrative and programmatic support for diverse programs in India, Nigeria, and Belarus, as well as play a key role in coordinating the division’s business development activities. The position will provide the Program Coordinator with the opportunity to build their program management skills through exposure to a variety of program and business development activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the implementation of PYXERA Global’s programs and business development activities with oversight from multiple Program Managers. Key responsibilities and level of effort include:
Program Reporting and Monitoring and Evaluation – 25%
- Track progress of key program and departmental indicators, and monitor database management efforts;
- Contribute to writing, reviewing, and editing monthly, quarterly and annual program reports for various projects;
- Contribute to the development of program-specific and department-wide monitoring and evaluation strategies to better track and measure impact;
Business Development – 25%
- Conduct research, both technical and financial, for business development opportunities in various regions and practice areas;
- Support, and often lead, proposal coordination, production, review, and delivery;
- Support, and often lead, creation of visual data representations for proposals;
- Assist in the development of departmental collateral for BD purposes.
Finance – 25%
- Prepare and process relevant accounting forms such as invoices, wire transfer requests, expense reimbursements, and complete credit card reconciliations in a timely manner;
- Initiate and coordinate submissions of procurement documentation such as selection memos, contracts, modifications, and purchase orders;
- Assist in preparing budgets, monitoring monthly financial reports, and tracking project expenditures over time.
Communications – 15%
- Liaise with field staff and Program Managers to develop case studies and success stories, as well as support department and project-specific social media presence;
- Drive departmental collaboration within HQ and across field teams through knowledge sharing, especially utilizing Microsoft 365 digital platforms.
- Contribute to the development of program initiatives by providing technical insight, asking questions, and continuously analyzing how we are implementing projects;
- Contribute to organizational learning by attending conferences, speaker series, career fairs, etc.;
- Develop and maintain Sharepoint and Salesforce dashboards for the department; and
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- US Citizen or Permanent US employment authorization required;
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, international affairs, economic development or related field required;
- Two to four years of relevant experience in international development/affairs related roles;
- Familiarity with a variety of public and private sector donors;
- Experience working in the non-profit sector and with cross-cultural teams;
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365, Salesforce, and variety of social media platforms;
- Flexible and able to work in a team as well as individually with limited supervision;
Preferred: Proficiency in Hindi, Russian, Hausa, or other foreign language(s) preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a rapidly changing environment and for multiple managers;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Monitoring and evaluation or data analysis skills desired; and
- Overseas work experience desired.
Please email a resume, cover letter, salary history and/or requirements, and a sample of your writing (no more than 3 pages) to Opportunities@PYXERAGlobal.org by July 29, 2018. Applications without a writing sample will not be considered. In the subject line of the email please write “PYXERA Global ECD Program Coordinator Position 2018”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
About the Organization
PYXERA Global is a nonprofit based in Washington, DC that creates groundbreaking partnerships between the public, private, and social sectors that leverage the unique attributes of each to create shared value and innovative solutions to complex challenges. Our initiatives include a wide range of services from local content development, to global pro bono programs, and integrated community development efforts that transform lives and livelihoods. Our clients in the private sector include 3M, IBM, JPMorgan Chase, SAP, and others. For examples of our Global Pro Bono work, feel free to visit our website https://www.pyxeraglobal.org/