The Banyan Global Program Coordinator provides financial and administrative support to assist in the implementation of Banyan Global’s worldwide projects. This position reports directly to the Contracts & Operations Manager and is based in Washington, DC.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is a development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches to international development. The firm has offices in Washington, DC and New York City and staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within five practice areas: gender, health, microfinance, financial sector development, and enterprise development.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Provide project coordination support to Banyan Global’s projects.
• Process travel advances, expense reports and invoices.
• Conduct budget development and tracking; manage project pipelines.
• Draft consulting agreements and mobilize staff and consultants for long and short-term assignments, including handling travel logistics. Serve as primary contact for consultants on administrative issues.
• Liaise with contracting agencies, USAID and other clients on administrative issues.
• Assist with project deliverables to include researching, editing and formatting documents and training materials, and developing PowerPoint presentations.
• Assist with new business development.
• Assist with communications outreach, website updates and success stories.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Bachelors degree
• French speaking abilities (professional fluency required)
• Experience and interest in international development.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative.
• Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, experience editing a plus.
• Fluency in English required
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients and consultants.
• Strong office and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and work within deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.