Banyan Global is a growing international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches to international development. Banyan Global works seamlessly in six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning. The Banyan Global Program Coordinator I provides financial, administrative, and programmatic support to assist in the implementation of Banyan Global’s worldwide projects. This position is ideal for a candidate who is interested in learning the business and administrative side of international development, starting up and supporting field programs and increasing their knowledge in the health, gender, and economic growth fields. This position reports directly to the Contracts Officer and is based in Washington, DC. Candidates have either US citizenship, permanent residency, or a work permit.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide project coordination support to Banyan Global’s projects.
- Support project start-up, including opening a field office, hiring staff, and supporting development of key start-up deliverables.
- Process travel advances, expense reports and invoices.
- Assist program manager with budget development, pipeline tracking and analysis and budget modifications.
- Draft consulting agreements and mobilize staff and consultants for long- and short-term assignments, including handling travel logistics. Serve as primary contact for consultants on administrative issues.
- Liaise with contracting agencies and other clients on administrative issues.
- Work with program managers and consultants to produce project deliverables in technical areas, such as health, economic growth, gender and monitoring, evaluation, and learning. This will include researching, editing, and formatting documents and training materials, and developing PowerPoint presentations.
- Assist with new business development.
- Assist with communications outreach, website updates and success stories.
- International travel may be required on an occasional basis
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 0-1 year of prior experience working with a USAID funded contractor.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, experience editing a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients, and consultants.
- Strong office and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and work within deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
- French or Spanish speaking skills a plus but not required.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.