The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) seeks a Program Coordinator to support its Judicial Education Program in Egypt. The position reports to the Program Director.
- Under the supervision of the program director, assist to facilitate coordination of staff in order to prepare for and implement program training activities and events in line with program deliverables;
- Help to ensure effective delivery of training and events, coordinating also the work, materials, and inputs of national and international legal and judicial experts;
- Provide assistance in organizing and setting up trainings, meetings, symposia, and other high-level events in coordination with national and international stakeholders and beneficiaries;
- Assist to liaise and coordinate with logistics and security personnel as necessary for program events and activities, including procurement, venues, external interpretation-translation, ICT, and other vendors;
- Aid in coordinating effective and prompt communication among team members;
- Additional duties as required by the program director or Country Director.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- At least five years’ relevant experience in coordinating staff, implementing training activity, and event/meeting planning or similar;
- Prior use and knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Arabic required, also strong written and oral English skills;
- Strong organizational and communications skills with attention to detail;
- Knowledge of procurement principles and US government regulations an asset;
- Team player with professional demeanor and ability to work in multi-cultural setting.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are only able to follow up with candidates who are selected for interviews. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and this position may be filled prior to the close date.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter directly to this posting.
For more information on this program please visit: https://www.americanbar.org/advocacy/rule_of_law/where_we_work/middle_east/egypt.html
About the Organization
ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in more than 50 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 500 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
For more information about what we do at ABA ROLI please visit: https://www.americanbar.org/advocacy/rule_of_law/about.html