The Program Coordinator is the entry level position to program work at IFES, providing support to the program division. The Program Coordinator will provide administrative and programmatic support for current and developing programs.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assist with program work and other special projects for the division.
* Contribute to analytical reports, project design and project evaluations.
* Participate in budget development processes.
* Input financial data for pipelines, review data in financial system for accuracy, check accuracy of financial reports, review and reconciliation of credit cards.
* Coordinate project implementation and monitoring.
* Troubleshoot project problems. Identify and implement creative solutions.
* Review/prepare/submit material for procurement including drafting RFP/RFQ, preparing selection packages, tracking existing contracts etc.
* Monitor/track pending IFES grant/contract actions and coordinates timely response.
* Participate in proposal development and new initiative processes.
* Assist with recruitment of field staff and consultants including preparing posting, collecting documents for hiring packages etc.
* Under the direction of the supervisor, provides training and some guidance to Program Associates and interns
* Assist with writing and reviewing of monthly/quarterly reports, writing program success stories etc.
* Participate in IFES’ knowledge management initiatives and other thought leadership efforts.
* Attend meetings at request of supervisor to gather and share information with colleagues.
* Other duties as assigned.
POSITION SCOPE: Provides varied support functions and performs routine job duties requiring familiarity with proposal development, program management, and research and development
initiatives. Contribute to program planning and development. Coordinate work activities performed by internal and external partners.
DECISION MAKING/PROBLEM SOLVING: Identifies and analyzes problems or discrepancies affecting own work or work products. Works to overcome barriers and constructively deal with unexpected challenging situations. Develops or supports the introduction of new and improved methods or procedures, based on knowledge of procedures and logic.
FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY: Participates in project budget planning, perform routine processing, recording and reporting of financial transactions, including field expenses, in compliance with IFES policies and procedures.
RELATIONSHIPS: Maintains collaborative working relationship with team members and other staff within the Programs Division. Proactively works with team members and across departments to improve team collaboration and functioning on a continuous basis.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
Education: Bachelor’s degree required in relevant field; Master’s degree preferred.
Experience: At least 2 years’ relevant experience in international development or related field.
Related Skills or Knowledge: Experienced with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required. Introductory experience in proposal development required, with experience in program management and supervisory roles. Familiarity with USAID regulations and reporting requirements preferred. Detailed oriented and organized. Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines. Strong communicator, both verbally and in writing. Collaborative, team oriented individual.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: English required. Proficiency in Arabic language a plus
TRAVEL: Travel may be required, up to 10%
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.