Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to enhance your skills and expertise? At DPS, you will experience a corporate culture of collaboration, equality, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded. Join a growing, dynamic company as we continue to expand our portfolio.
Dexis Professional Services (DPS) is a wholly-owned, independently operated business unit established in 2016 to provide support services to United States Government (USG) agencies that were previously provided by the parent company, Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis). Committed to excellence in institutional support and staff augmentation, DPS draws on the parent company’s 15+ years of experience fielding domestic and overseas technical, operational, professional and managerial staff for various USG clients.
The U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Political–Military Affairs’, Office of Security Assistance (PM/SA) requires a Program Coordinator to support the office’s management of Peacekeeping Operations (PKO) programs. This position is contingent upon award.
In support of Peacekeeping Operations, The PKO Program Coordinator’s duties will include the following:
- Maintain accurate budget data over multiple fiscal years on appropriations, obligations, and liquidations of the PKO account managed by PM/SA through working with State/AF, PM’s Office of Global Plans and Initiatives (GPI), DoD and other entities, as necessary.
- Draft and coordinate clearance and approval for various PKO budget documents related to the obligation, apportionment, reclassification, de-obligation, allotment of PKO, to include Action Memos, Congressional Notifications (CN), Interagency Agreements (IAA), Financial Trackers, Allotment memos, Apportionment memos, Reclassification Memos, Memorandum of Requests (MORs) and other documents to ensure the timely obligation, management, and execution of PKO.
- Aid in coordinating with PM/EX, in conjunction with PM/SA’s regional teams and PM/SA’s overseas offices, on technical requirements for procurement-related documentation (e.g., technical specifications, information, and level of detail for statements of work and funding sources).
- Provide assistance to PM/SA program officers to support program management of PKO funds obligated via IAA to the DoD and other interagency partners. This will involve full cycle program management on MORS, IAAs, case development with services.
- Provide support for PKO program and financial management reviews within State and with DoD.
- Monitor and provide recurring reports on program obligation and expenditures and flag issues for PM/SA attention.
- Reconcile financial reports from DSCA, Combatant Commands and update PM records monthly.
- Conduct other PKO program-related support activities.
2 years’ experience managing budget and fiscal processes for assistance programs.
2 years’ experience managing programs (military assistance programs preferred).
2 years’ experience working/coordinating with the Department of State.
2 years’ experience working/coordinating with the Department of Defense.
In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks and processes simultaneously.
Strong oral and written communication skills which include experience making presentations.
Experience with Security Cooperation Information Portal (SCIP), and the Security Assistance Network (SanWeb).
Experience with USG financial management systems such as State’s Global Financial Management System (GFMS) or DoD’s Defense Security Assistance Management System (DSAMS).
Regional experience in Africa.
Attendance at Defense Institute Security Cooperation University or its predecessor Defense Institute for Security Assistance Management.
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.