The Program Design and Quality Director shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Country Office programing with a focus on strategic planning, new program development, quality assurance of existing programs and reporting (in close support of the Director of Programs) and MEAL. As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) in Senegal, s/he is responsible for overseeing the MEAL team and the New Business team and plays a significant role in supporting the program team (quality assurance, reporting) and the new business/program development team (quality assurance). Collaborates with Program Director to coach and improve the technical and management skills of the Sector Managers (who report to the Program Director and who are the technical face for the Country Office of each of the program focus areas) – Child Protection, Child Rights and Governance, Education and Health,
CONTRACT LENGHT : 2 YEARS
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Very solid experience with at least five to seven years management experience in an NGO environment as well as experience directing and implementing programs for children in development contexts. Preferably solid experience in more than one of the Save the Children priority sectors: education, child protection, child rights governance, health and nutrition.
- The candidate should have experience either overseeing or managing MEAL staff, or projects with MEAL components including research studies and have experience overseeing or implementing Advocacy and Institutional and Social and Behaviour Change Communications)strategies
- Recognized leadership role in relevant technical areas at both field and country level
- Masters degree in Social Sciences, International Development, in an area of social development
- A general appreciation of the issues concerning the NGO sector, both development and humanitarian issues
- Solid experience of developing and managing monitoring and learning systemsExcellent analytical skills. Effective negotiator, with the ability to positively influence cross departmental and cross sector working
- Credibility to lobby, influence and represent Save the Children at all levels. Very strong communicator.
- Excellent resource management, training , capacity building, coaching, and mentoring skills
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams, in emergencies
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
- Excellent levels of written and spoken French and English.
About the Organization
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.