World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 37,500 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Program Development Director, WV South Sudan, you will lead World Vision South Sudan’s (WVSS’s) resource acquisition strategy and program development. You will facilitate program development and resource acquisition with high standards of appropriateness, timeliness, and effectiveness. You will oversee the Program Development Manager and the rest of the program development team in the design process of all proposals and concept papers. He/she will ensure that grants progress is communicated appropriately, timely and in detail with key stakeholders. You will ensure that donor visits are strategic, well timed and smoothly executed and managed.
- Master’s degree in International Development, Rural Development, NGO Leadership or a related discipline.
- At least 5 years field experience in a relief or development environment, with at least 3 years’ in a managerial role with direct reporting lines.
- Previous experience with successful multi-million dollar program development and budget preparation (USAID, EU/ECHO, DFID, GAC, DFAT, UN agencies preferred).
- Must have a clear understanding of the working of the major WV partners (USAID, EU/ECHO, DFID, GAC, DFAT, UN etc), their requirements and standards.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
- Office-Based position with frequent visits to the fields. 30% domestic/international travels is required.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 27 AUG 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.