World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Program Development & Grants Acquisition Manager, South Sudan, you will be responsible for facilitation of programme development and resource acquisition for development and resilience programming and emergency response (Cat III) with high standards of appropriateness, timeliness, and effectiveness. The purpose of this position is to lead the design process of full proposals and concept papers and provide the final review of all proposals and concept notes prior developed by the team of program officers before submission to donors and World Vision Support Offices. You will lead the team of four program officers and ensures that progress on grants is communicated timely with key stakeholders and donor visits are strategic, well timed and smoothly executed and managed.
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in A development field with Over 5 years of experience in the Humanitarian sector. Master Degree is a relevant field is preferred.
- Leadership experience in program design and development, funding acquisition, program monitoring and evaluation, information management, capacity building, and compliance.
- At least 3 years field experience in a relief or development environment.
- Previous experience with successful multi-million dollar donor proposal writing and budget preparation (USAID, ECHO, BPRM, UN agencies preferred).
- Must have a clear understanding of the working of the major WV partners (UNICEF, WFP, USAID, EU, CIDA, DFID etc), their requirements and standards.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
- Office-Based position with frequent visits to the fields. 30% domestic/international travels is required.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 12 MAR 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.