Chemonics seeks a program director for the anticipated USAID Country Health Information Systems and Data Use (CHISU) project to strengthen community health information systems (HIS) in low- and middle-income countries. The global project will aim to strengthen country capacity and leadership to manage and use HIS for increased evidence-based health decisions and ultimately improved health outcomes. Please note that all positions are subject to program award. The program director will provide overall technical and programmatic leadership to the project in collaboration with partners and stakeholders. The program director will be the primary liaison with USAID and other donors, stakeholders, and technical agencies. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Advanced degree in public health, information sciences, data science, nutrition, or a related area
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in positions with increasing responsibility in operations, project management, and administration for donor-funded international programs
- Knowledge of and experience with HIS; knowledge of and experience with regional HIS in low- and middle-income countries preferred
- Demonstrated experience in health systems strengthening and in designing and reforming health systems
- Skilled in developing high-level strategic visions and managing projects, including complex activities
- Experience working with project counterparts, particularly senior-level officials from the government, private sector, and civil society
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required
Please complete an application and submit CV and cover letter at: https://chemonics_nb.formstack.com/forms/chemonics_chisu_recruit by August 31, 2019. Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. If you have any issues with the form please reach out to CHISUrecruit@chemonics.com; however, no applications submitted to this email will be considered.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.